Author Topic: Homebrewcon 2018 -Who is Going?  (Read 1429 times)

Offline ethinson

• Brewer
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • View Profile
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
Re: Homebrewcon 2018 -Who is Going?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 10:30:32 PM »
I could start a new thread, but anyone know the airport transfer key? It seems every time I head somewhere later I find there was an excellent public transportation route I could have utilized.

Surely they have Uber. My friends and I wore it out last year in Minneapolis.

I believe some airports don't allow rideshare (from what I've heard, don't quote me) but PDX allows all kinds, Uber, Lyft and several others I've never heard of.  Also, taxis, shuttle buses and as mentioned the Red Line Max.    The red line has a stop directly at the convention center.

For those not from here, Trimet is $2.50 for a 4 hour (I think?) ticket or 5 dollars for all day.  Worth the all day.  Buses run pretty late (some lines as late as 2AM I think) and they just extended Max service.  Last red line leave downtown and heads towards the airport around 11:30PM and last train leaves the airport sometime after midnight, 12:25ish AM.
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline pudgym29

• 1st Kit
  • Frugal froth fanaddict
    • View Profile
    • Top-notch bookmarks
Re: Homebrewcon 2018 -Who is Going?
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
I'm registered. I'll be there for a week (26 June - 3 July). I've been to Portland, OR. eight times since 1993 [This is the 25th Anniversary of the Chicago Beer Society's "Crazy Train" from Chicago to Portland.]. Last there in August 2014.
I am seeking a hotel room roommate. :)
I enjoy malty beers.