Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tower Brewing Set-up & Unitank Fermentor  (Read 2222 times)

Offline rail

• 1st Kit
Tower Brewing Set-up & Unitank Fermentor
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:19:09 pm »
I will build most of my brewing equipment, is the tower brewing set-up and uni-tank fermentor a good process set-up.

Charles

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Tower Brewing Set-up & Unitank Fermentor
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:26:02 pm »
I will build most of my brewing equipment, is the tower brewing set-up and uni-tank fermentor a good process set-up.

Charles

I have the Top Tier, and love it.  I used to use a flat system with pumps.  More hassle than it's with IMO.  Not sure what you mean by "unitank fermenter"  I still ferment in five gallon fermenters.  buckets and carboys.  but brew ten gallon batches

Offline mindar

• 1st Kit
Re: Tower Brewing Set-up & Unitank Fermentor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 11:27:12 pm »
I bought my conical/unitank/whatever and consider it the best piece of equip I've bought for this time and money sucking hobby. THAT I LOVE!!! ah, ahem, sorry about that. Yeah, can't say anything about a tower setup, I'm setting up for an all electric RIMS system for my basement, and wouldn't have room for a tower. Hell, my friend that's 6' 4'' barely fits in the basement! But I think the fermenter's worth it, especially if you intend on harvesting and repitching the yeast. Shop around, there's some that have all the bells and whistles and others that have just the basics, so prices vary widely. But if I may, I suggest going with stainless. The steel has much better longevity then a plastic, and at the prices you'll find, I'd want to use these babies for as long as possible.