Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: set it and forget it carb method question  (Read 1207 times)

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
set it and forget it carb method question
« on: April 01, 2018, 10:40:25 am »
Happy Easter everyone, i have a question. I have a  lager in my keezer and i set the psi to 12 to carbonate. My question is should i leave it hooked up for the whole duration of the lagering for 6-8 weeks? or should i unhook the gas at some point to avoid over carbonation? cheers have a great day
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
Re: set it and forget it carb method question
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:30:03 am »
Happy Easter everyone, i have a question. I have a  lager in my keezer and i set the psi to 12 to carbonate. My question is should i leave it hooked up for the whole duration of the lagering for 6-8 weeks? or should i unhook the gas at some point to avoid over carbonation? cheers have a great day
I would leave it right at 12 psi. It will not carbonate past that point, no matter how long you leave it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
set it and forget it carb method question
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 11:46:08 am »
It depends. At 12 psi and 32*F you’re going to get a higher level of carbonation than serving temp (40*F-ish) at 12 psi.  If that doesn’t bother you or if you’re lagering at 40*F-ish then go for it. If it does adjust accordingly using this chart: http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
Re: set it and forget it carb method question
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 01:08:59 pm »
It depends. At 12 psi and 32*F you’re going to get a higher level of carbonation than serving temp (40*F-ish) at 12 psi.  If that doesn’t bother you or if you’re lagering at 40*F-ish then go for it. If it does adjust accordingly using this chart: http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good point on the temp component - I hadn't considered that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk