Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: RSS && Google Reader  (Read 2355 times)

Offline evandy

• Cellarman
RSS && Google Reader
« on: October 30, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »
Since Google reader only refreshes RSS feeds every hour or so, has anyone had trouble with the AHA forum's RSS feed?  I see that it only includes the 5 most recent posts, so if there are more than 5 posts in an hour, Google's RSS reader probably won't see them all.  Is there any way to get the default number of posts in the RSS feed raised from 5?

Offline evandy

• Cellarman
Re: RSS && Google Reader
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:44:15 am »
Ok, I finally found a workaround to this one.  You can specify the number of posts using the limit field in the address.
I got this link from another post in the archives:
  http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?action=.xml;sa=recent;limit=255;type=rss2

HOWEVER:  Google reader only updates feeds every hour if there are multiple people subscribed.  According to google reader, there are about 30 people subscribed to the feed in the board instructions, and 5 subscribed to this varient.

I left both feeds on overnight (a low-traffic time), and still saw about 1/2 of the posts lost (by google reader) on the "official" feed in the board faq.  Maybe the admins should update the link in the faq?