Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Suggestions needed for heating fermentation chamber  (Read 4207 times)

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Suggestions needed for heating fermentation chamber
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 08:37:34 pm »
What is the benefit of taping a heating wrap (like a Fermwrap) to the freezer wall rather than around the fermenter itself? I never thought of doing it this way--I just wrap the fermenter. It has worked fine for me, but maybe this other approach has clear advantages?
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 09:06:24 pm »
You're regulating ambient temperature, just like you do on the cooling cycle of your controller, nice and gentle, and you can have multiple vessels in the chamber.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 09:13:42 pm »
What is the benefit of taping a heating wrap (like a Fermwrap) to the freezer wall rather than around the fermenter itself? I never thought of doing it this way--I just wrap the fermenter. It has worked fine for me, but maybe this other approach has clear advantages?
One benefit is that last time I touched my heat pad was when I taped it to the wall inside my freezer.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:54 pm »
You're regulating ambient temperature, just like you do on the cooling cycle of your controller, nice and gentle, and you can have multiple vessels in the chamber.
Right. I "read" beer temp, and adjust the ambient