Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Waiver  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Adam

• Cellarman
    • High Altitude Home Brew Supply
Waiver
« on: April 30, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »
Does any one have a copy of a waiver for homebrew clubs that they would be willing to share.  I am looking for something that will cover both the club and the LHBS that the meeting is held in, in the event of an incident.  We encourage all participants to find alternative transportation if they are intoxicated. 

Thought I would reach out here first.

Cheers,

Adam
Fermentation at Elevation

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
Re: Waiver
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:55 pm »
Waivers aren't a 'get out of jail free' card. There also needs to be real measures to protect all members, attendees, and owners. Preach responsibility and be sure that your club members are covered under the AHA club insurance program.
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline Adam

• Cellarman
    • High Altitude Home Brew Supply
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:14 am »
Mabrungard,

We do understand that a waiver is not an excuse but it at least gives proof that each member was presented with our safety speech.

Thanks for looking out though.
Fermentation at Elevation

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:06:48 pm »
We have these 2 sections in our club bylaws...

SECTION XI Bad Actors
If a member’s behavior is of such an offensive or abusive character that your continued presence at club events is deemed detrimental, that member may be either suspended or permanently expelled. It takes a majority of vote of the Executive Committee to do either, and the vote must be taken at a meeting after notice of the action has been given to the member in question. In the case of suspension, the committee will decide the length of suspension from club activities. In the case of expulsion, no dues will be refunded.
SECTION XII Expectations
Members recognize that participation in Cascade Brewers Society activities is entirely voluntary. Participation in these activities may involve the consumption of alcoholic beverages which may affect perception and reactions. Members will accept individual responsibility for their conduct and behavior. The Cascade Brewers Society will neither assume nor accept responsibility for an individual’s actions. Also, members agree that driving while intoxicated is a serious violation of law and of expected behavior at club events and agree that they will find alternate transportation if they are unable to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle. Members agree they alone are responsible for their actions before, during and after club events, including, but not limited to, decisions about driving after consuming alcoholic beverages and waive any claim, legal or otherwise, against the club and its members, hosts and guests stemming from formal or informal club activities.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 02:53:29 pm »
Yo Adam,
We have some of what Denny brought up in our bylaws. I’ll bring it up tonight at our meeting and see if we can look into updating and revising our bylaws. I don’t even think I have a copy, we usually only bring bylaws up in the beginning of the year or when new members come.
The bad actors section seems like a good idea. I don’t think we have that in MTM’s bylaws, and I’m sure there is no mention of your shop.
Other than preaching, what other actions could our club take to safeguard our lhbs and our club? I don’t think we have insurance. But I’ll look into that too.
See you in a few. Thanks for bringing it up and to my attention.
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."