Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: It's almost spring!  (Read 2893 times)

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
Re: It's almost spring!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 07:48:36 am »
I don't get an east coast team training in AZ. It was much better when CLE was in Winter Haven.
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 11:12:09 am »
I don't get an east coast team training in AZ. It was much better when CLE was in Winter Haven.
As I recall, the decision to move (when the FL lease was up) was based on the fact that more teams were in AZ,  meaning more scheduling opportunities,  and the suspicion was that even more teams would join the westward exodus.  I haven't checked the count lately, but one thing can be said, the weather is more reliable in AZ.  The Indians were in Winter Haven because they lost their Homestead facility to Hurricane Andrew when it was brand new.   And maybe enough teams training out there will placate Las Vegas for a while until a franchise is lured into their web!
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 06:58:14 pm »
Man I can't wait for opening day!

(Next season. Seriously, this season can end now. We'll just try and get rid of Angelos as owner and take a mulligan on this one.)
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline Robert

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 07:03:04 pm »

(Next season. Seriously, this season can end now. We'll just try and get rid of Angelos as owner and take a mulligan on this one.)
Hey, your O's have a really great offense this year!  His name is Manny Machado. ;)
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 07:23:43 pm »

Hey, your O's have a really great offense this yearfor new!  His name is Manny Machado, and he'll likely be traded for some deadbeat scrubs just before the deadline. ;)

Fixed that for you.  ;)

I've been an O's fan all my life, and this is the most frustrated I've been with them. We've had a good team for several years, but a stingy ownership (that makes millions off both the Nats and the O's exclusive cable deals...they aren't even on the basic packages, have to buy everything all the way South to NC.) that refuses to invest in the team has crippled us once again.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 07:46:51 pm »
The best O’s game I’ve seen at that beautiful ballpark had Cal Ripken Jr and Ken Griffey Jr on the field together. They even made a play against each other: Ken fielded one of Cal’s pokes into the outfield.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk