Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pre-Carbonating for a party?  (Read 223 times)

Offline Chris C

• Cellarman
Pre-Carbonating for a party?
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:33:08 am »
I'm having a party in a couple weeks, and it looks like I'll still have a couple partial corny kegs I'm going to want to go through, but want to have backup full kegs available if any of those blow out.

Can I force carbonate a couple days before and leave the kegs outside to keep them cold and ready?  In Seattle it's generally refrigerator temperature in winter, so it won't be freezing or getting warm. 

I've never tried to pre-carbonate, usually just do it as I'm queuing up the next keg.  If I can do it, this is going to be a game changer during the cold months as I don't have extra cold storage on hand!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Pre-Carbonating for a party?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 10:39:52 am »
I'm having a party in a couple weeks, and it looks like I'll still have a couple partial corny kegs I'm going to want to go through, but want to have backup full kegs available if any of those blow out.

Can I force carbonate a couple days before and leave the kegs outside to keep them cold and ready?  In Seattle it's generally refrigerator temperature in winter, so it won't be freezing or getting warm. 

I've never tried to pre-carbonate, usually just do it as I'm queuing up the next keg.  If I can do it, this is going to be a game changer during the cold months as I don't have extra cold storage on hand!

You can do that, but I'd start more than a couple days ahead.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell