Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: LORAL Cryo Hops  (Read 1338 times)

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
LORAL Cryo Hops
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:26:01 pm »
I just realized that my membership had expired when I got an email about renewing for a gift of 1 oz LORAL Cryo hops. So, I quickly renewed and was wondering what these hops would go good with style or other hops? They seem like they might be nice as a flavor/aroma addition for a Lager. Or would they be nice mixed with another American hop in a Pale Ale or IPA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: LORAL Cryo Hops
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:27 pm »
I've used them quite a bit for APA/AIPA.  Might make for an interesting lager of some sort.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 04:15:13 pm »
I've used them quite a bit for APA/AIPA.  Might make for an interesting lager of some sort.
So, did you use other hops with them? I have a bunch of different American varieties(Cascade, Amarillo, Centennial, Mosaic, Idaho 7, and Citra).

Dan Chisholm

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 05:37:17 pm »
So, did you use other hops with them? I have a bunch of different American varieties(Cascade, Amarillo, Centennial, Mosaic, Idaho 7, and Citra).

Yeah.  I'd have to check my notes to see exactly what, but pretty likely at least Simcoe and Citra cryo.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell