Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Savannah Ga  (Read 1045 times)

Offline deadpoetic0077

• Assistant Brewer
  • Noobie
Savannah Ga
« on: May 11, 2018, 02:00:14 pm »
Homebrewers! I am in Savannah Ga this weekend and need your advice on which breweries to his my and which to avoid!

Lemme know!

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: Savannah Ga
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 05:48:11 am »
Greetings - when I’m on the road, I like to use the Yelp App to direct me to the local brew pubs.  All the information I need is right there.  In fact, it has saved my butt many times simply by informing me that a particular brewery was closed on the day and time I wanted to visit.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 06:16:22 am »
Was in Savannah for the first time in February, for only a little while. Moon River’s beers were old school but well made, the lunch was pretty good. Service brewing had more adventuresome beers, some were not for me, but I found two that I really liked.

Fun city with a long history, a good food culture, good architecture, and plenty of beer, we will go back some time.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 07:13:48 am »
I like Savannah.  Just watching the freighters come through is pretty impressive.  There’s good beer and food at Crystal Beer Palace and the Distillery.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 07:30:32 am »
I like Savannah.  Just watching the freighters come through is pretty impressive.  There’s good beer and food at Crystal Beer Palace and the Distillery.
Watching the huge container ships and tugs work their way around the bends is fascinating.

Now I know a couple more places for next time.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Savannah Ga
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:33:37 am »
I lived in Savannah three years but there were no breweries back then. Down on the river there are plenty of places to eat and drink. Though not beer, Wet Willie’s comes to mind.

The huge bridge (Talmadge) crossing the river used to be much smaller. I crewed the helicopter that slung loaded the old smaller bridge (in pieces) out into the ocean to make fish habitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:38:13 am by BrewBama »