Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bottled a NEIPA  (Read 1100 times)

Offline MWM

• 1st Kit
Bottled a NEIPA
« on: June 02, 2018, 09:24:38 am »
Before anyone starts, yes I know kegging is superior to bottling and all but this is my second batch and I’ve spent enough dough already!

Primed with corn sugar using the Northern Brewer priming calculator.

I used a small silicone tube to attach the bottling wand to the bottling bucket spigot. The wand was essentially touching the spigot.

My wife capped as soon as I filled the bottles. Used oxygen absorbing caps. Dipped them in star San right before capping. Tipped the bottles to ensure the caps were wet.

From bottling bucket to capped bottles in under 15 minutes.

Here’s what the hydrometer reading sample looks like after about an hour. I’ll post pics of the bottled beer after about a week of conditioning.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MWM

• 1st Kit
Re: Bottled a NEIPA
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 09:26:02 am »
Before anyone starts, yes I know kegging is superior to bottling and all but this is my second batch and I’ve spent enough dough already!

Primed with corn sugar using the Northern Brewer priming calculator.

I used a small silicone tube to attach the bottling wand to the bottling bucket spigot. The wand was essentially touching the spigot.

My wife capped as soon as I filled the bottles. Used oxygen absorbing caps. Dipped them in star San right before capping. Tipped the bottles to ensure the caps were wet.

From bottling bucket to capped bottles in under 15 minutes.

Here’s what the hydrometer reading sample looks like after about an hour. I’ll post pics of the bottled beer after about a week of conditioning.

Cheers!

Offline rburrelli

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 10:21:03 am »
Nothing wrong with bottling if done properly.  Getting consistent priming is essential. And if you don’t mind the processes involved then keep doing it.  It works.
11:11 Brewing
“Brewing with Attention and Intention.”

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 05:39:41 am »
Good on ya!  Plenty of folks here bottle and many recommend bottle conditioned beers for certain styles and for competitions.  I just tired of the bottle cleaning after a while...but the sound of a well carbed bottle beer at opening is sweet music to anyone’s ear!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"