Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Asheville, do not see any 2018 updates  (Read 3294 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Asheville, do not see any 2018 updates
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 08:26:25 pm »
So far, we started Saturday night at Sierra Nevada. The property is incredible. Not able to get in for a tour though and it was raining. What we could see was beautiful. The brews were delicious and the food was top notch.
Sunday, we did an Asheville bus tour which included a stop at Green Man, good stuff there as well but no time to look around. While we waited for the tour to start, we had a couple brews at Wicked Weed, not the Funkatorium though. Brews we tried were all excellent: Maibkck, IPA, DIPA, Cool cucumber( not even sure what the style was, but it was tasty). After the tour, we had dinner at Bharami(?) Again, excellent brews and tasty food.
Saw a lot of Asheville, but no breweries on Monday for Memorial day (we did see Solo though. So much better than LJ at Christmas time).
Thanx for all the tips folks. We are planning on hitting White Labs Kitchen and tap room for food, brews, and tour on Wednesday. And remember, this was not supposed to be a beercation. I think the kids hate traveling with me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Asheville, do not see any 2018 updates
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 09:55:24 pm »
White Labs was great, tour very neat. Kind of surprised that all they are doing there is commercial Pure Pitch: all domestic Homebrew is propogated and shipped out of SD. They are still small in Asheville but built enough room into the facility for growth.
We also stopped and had brews and dinner at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Co. Pizza was great, tried the house IPA and enjoyed it quite a bit, no complaints on any of the beers we tried all week. Great little beer town, but you didn't need me to tell you that. Thanx again for all the suggestions

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)