Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer and Sweat  (Read 2343 times)

Offline yap

• 1st Kit
Beer and Sweat
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:58:52 pm »
Beer and Sweat, the world's largest keg only homebrew competition (by volume) is back!  Saturday August 21, 2010 is the date and the Drawbridge Inn in beautiful Ft. Mitchell Kentucky (a Cincinnati Ohio suburb) is again the place.  This is the first call for judges and entries for this annual competition that is always one of the best events around.  All BJCP categories will be judged including Mead and a special soda category.  As the name indicates this is a keg only competition which means unlike most competitions, there will be beer left over after the judging.  (We moved inside several years ago so the sweat isn't as bad as it used to be!)  Once the judging is over, the brewers and judges in attendance will be treated to one of the best homebrew parties you've ever been a part of (trust me).  There will be music, camaraderie and about 200+ homebrews to sample.  Have no fear though because rooms are available for the special rate of $77 a night for a single/double and $87 a night for a triple/quad.  Just mention Beer and Sweat when making reservations at www.drawbridgeinn.com.  Online judge and beer registration will be available soon at beerandsweat.org so mark the date now.......

Additional details will be available online soon, or you can contact the humble Beer and Sweat organizers:

Scott LaFollette (competition director)  scott@beerandsweat.org
Andy Melchers  (event director) andy@beerandsweat.org

Thanks and hopefully we will see you there.......

Offline harkjohnny

• 1st Kit
Re: Beer and Sweat - Cincinnati OH
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:19:18 pm »
Actually reservations need to be made BY PHONE to get the discounted rate: 

Call 1-800-354-9793 for reservations

Be sure to mention Bloatarian Beer & Sweat to get our group rates!
$77 Single, Double - $87 Triple, Quad
Pets are allowed. Please ask about associated fees.

and....

REGISTRATION FOR KEGS AND JUDGES/STEWARDS IS OPEN!

www.beerandsweat.org
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:49:44 am by harkjohnny »

Offline gordonstrong

• Senior Brewmaster
    • BJCP
Re: Beer and Sweat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 05:37:44 pm »
This is one of my favorite events of the year.  If you're within driving distance (or if you're Phil Farrell or Graham Cox, within flying distance), please consider attending.  They judge all the beer in one round, and then there's the party.  It's as close as you get to Club Night at the NHC.

They used to have slogans like "world's largest competition (by volume)" and "more beer than club night".  Not sure if all of those are still true, but it's a blast nonetheless.

I'll be entering a few, and drinking more than a few.
Gordon Strong • Beavercreek, Ohio • AHA Member since 1997 • Twitter: GordonStrong

Offline yap

• 1st Kit
Re: Beer and Sweat
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 08:38:52 pm »
We still use the slogan "largest competition by volume", but modified it to "largest KEG ONLY competition by volume", as the NHC technically beats us in total volume.  However that's for the first round which is spread out all over the country and this is all in one place!  We'll keep using that slogan until someone proves us wrong.....

Anyways, time is almost up!  Registration closes AUGUST 11th.  Better get on it people.....

BTW Gordon, I don't believe I've seen your registration yet....