Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Manifold Leaking  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Bo Buck Brewery

• 1st Kit
Manifold Leaking
« on: May 19, 2018, 08:52:30 pm »
I have one of those manifolds with the red handles and mfl fittings. Washers in my metal to metal connections.  During my dunk test, there is a very slow leak coming from the handle. But a bigger leak as the handle moves from open to close or close to open. How do I resolve this leak?

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Manifold Leaking
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:11:02 am »
First I don’t have one. Second good on you for checking before hooking everything up and draining your tank.

Looking at the photos it seems those valves can be disassembled. I’d wager you have a packing/Teflon seat/o-ring that is the culprit. It already leaks so you can’t use it so I’d disassemble it and take a look. Worst case you have to replace that valve. ...but I’ll bet an airport beer that it’s a packing/Teflon seat/o-ring that is replaceable.

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 12:27:56 pm »
I've had the same problem with several of those valves. Different ones can be found on line. I had an old regulator with a splitter and 2 valves that I used.
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 03:32:48 pm »
Valves can leak when partially opened. The bore is basically leaking into the body which isn’t pressure tight.