Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing Podcast 67 - Eclectic IPAland  (Read 1129 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Experimental Brewing Podcast 67 - Eclectic IPAland
« on: May 23, 2018, 10:54:48 am »
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-67-eclectic-ipaland

Are you experienced, IPA drinker? Prepare to have your IPA world made more Eclectic as Drew sits talks with the legendary Dick Cantwell about his new book, Eclectic IPA. Together we take a look at where IPA came from, where it is and where Dick thinks it's going. Yes, we even talk about the haze and somehow, improbably, smoked peaches. Who knew? Elsewhere, we tackle water quality, diastaticus and your feedback on the cryo experiment (and let you know what's coming next!).
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Experimental Brewing Podcast 67 - Eclectic IPAland
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »
You know you have clout when you can write a book that has recipes that you have never brewed lol

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:15:16 am »
You know you have clout when you can write a book that has recipes that you have never brewed lol

Here's a secret...every homebrew book I know of has recipes that the author's never brewed.  The bigger the author, the more of those there are.  I was stunned to discover that a few years ago.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:25:57 am »
I believe that.  I bet Horst Dornbusch has never brewed any of his recipes.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:50:22 am »

Here's a secret...every homebrew book I know of has recipes that the author's never brewed.  The bigger the author, the more of those there are.  I was stunned to discover that a few years ago.
One nice thing, I doubt we will hear DC bad mouthing people who don't brew his recipes exactly as he wrote them.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:37:22 am »

One nice thing, I doubt we will hear DC bad mouthing people who don't brew his recipes exactly as he wrote them.

Depends on which ones!  ;)

www.dennybrew.com