Author Topic: London 3 (1318) @ 77 degrees  (Read 280 times)

Offline ANDREW.GROGAN1

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
London 3 (1318) @ 77 degrees
« on: May 26, 2018, 05:42:30 PM »
I brewed a single hops Nelson NEIPA yesterday (1.064).  I was gone for the night and I came back today it's it's at 77 degrees.  My house is around 7 and I have a fan on it now which is bringing the temp down to a more desirable range.

My question is, has anyone ever had 1318 spike that high?  Curious what kind of flavors I might be in for.  With this recipe and yeast, I guessing I am getting some extra fruit esters, which might not actually be that bad. 

Offline Pope of Dope

• Assistant Brewer
  • Gozer is a Hoser
    • View Profile
Re: London 3 (1318) @ 77 degrees
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
Not too familiar with London 3, it's on my list to try.  But have, a number of times, gotten ferm temps up near 77.  No problems.  You might get some fruity esters, but the only time I've ever had a problem with temps too high is over 80.  If you wanted a super clean ferment then you're probably out of luck, but I think it'll taste good with some esters. 
I like that. Hmm Hmm. "I don't know," that's nice. 'Mr. Hand, will I pass this class?' 'Gee Mr. Spicoli, I don't know.' That's nice, I really like that. You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to leave your words on my board for all my classes to enjoy, giving you full credit of course, Mr. Spicoli.