Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing Episode 69 - Sunshine Hop Dreams and Disastrous Days  (Read 1533 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-69-sunshine-hop-dreams-and-disastrous-days

Two big things on today's show as we get ready for HomeBrewCon! The first, we asked you for your Brewday disasters and boy did you deliver. So we're going to run through some of our favorite stories of things gone horribly wrong. And in more positive and hopful news, Drew talks with Richard Smith of Florida Hops, LLC about the challenges of pulling off the improbable - growing hops in the humid heat of Florida. We'll find out new techniques he's establishing and the impact of Florida terroir on our favorite hops! 
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
I can't wait to hear the brew day disasters.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Florida pride!
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
Florida pride!

Yeah, man!  Incredible story, huh?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
"Then the utility box caught on fire"  This has raised the bar for disaster stories
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
"Then the utility box caught on fire"  This has raised the bar for disaster stories

I couldn't keep form laughing even though I felt bad for him!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer

I couldn't keep form laughing even though I felt bad for him!

I was wondering what could make him stop
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Very good episode - we have all been humbled in the process at one time or another, but that fella with the broken stove and electric panel took the cake with mishaps overcome in the name of Beer!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"