Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: GABF Sessions - Am I Crazy?  (Read 1380 times)

Offline jlinn

• 1st Kit
GABF Sessions - Am I Crazy?
« on: July 04, 2018, 08:02:09 pm »
Hey Friends,
My wife and I are new AHA members and this will be our first GABF (2018). We are definitely going to go the the afternoon AHA only session, but are also considering going to the evening session the same day. We're assuming the evening session might be a bit more of a "party".

Is this crazy? Have any of you ever done that?

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Re: GABF Sessions - Am I Crazy?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:03:50 am »
Day or night it's a party.  I know I couldn't do two in a day, but then again I try to hit as many as I can.
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: GABF Sessions - Am I Crazy?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:27 am »
Depends on how serious you intend to be about drinking at either session. You can drink a lot of beer in one session if you get in line early for the session and avoid the handful of booths with really long lines.

Personally if I really felt like I needed to try that many breweries that I needed two sessions then I'd hit sessions on two different days. But OTOH with the size of the event I think you might need two events to catch breweries across the entire geographic spread.

Also keep in mind there are tons of events all around town with tap takeovers, special tappings and brewery events that if you're looking to party with craft beer you don't have to limit yourself to the expensive GABF sessions.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing