Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: My Kingdom For a Good Bottling Wand!  (Read 5016 times)

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
Re: My Kingdom For a Good Bottling Wand!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 01:37:16 pm »
The spring can get compressed so it doesn't have enough force to close hard enough to make a good seal. Take the thing apart and clean it, making sure that the sealing surfaces are clean and smooth. Stretch the spring apart to elongate it and put it all back together, making sure to push the end cap all the way onto the tube as far as you can get it. This can work for a few times, but eventually the spring gets weak and needs to be replaced.
This^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff B

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 02:06:06 pm »
I much prefer the gravity-sealed wands to those with a spring. I've had mine for maybe 10 years now. https://www.morebeer.com/products/springless-bottle-filler-38.html

Do you bottle off the keg with this or just bottle conditioning? I feel like I use this method/tool but off of a bottling bucket and not a keg.

I have my original from my first kit still. Works well, except that time I had to siphon from one gallon growlers and did not have a spigot at the bottom of the vessel.
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »
Phils Filler.  I've got one that's definitely over 20 years old.  I don't know if you can still get them though.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Q
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 03:10:36 pm »
Phils Filler.  I've got one that's definitely over 20 years old.  I don't know if you can still get them though.

Wow!  That's a classic!  But I think it was "Phil's Philler"!  Phil is Dan's son.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 03:20:15 pm »
I believe you're correct.  I typed it that way at first, and then changed it...

I have two.  They work perfectly.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline soymateofeo

• Assistant Brewer
  • El Mas Chingon
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2018, 06:22:38 pm »
i had the spring loaded tip on a clear plastic tube from 20 years ago.  when I bottle, I take that clear tube and shove it in a picnic faucet.  i open my valve and use gravity to flow and control it with the faucet.  no drips and easy to handle.  all you need is a cheapy black picnic faucet.  you could also put a piece of hosing over the faucet. i use that to fill growlers from my draft setup.