I just brewed a BdG myself last week! Looks similar. I used an already yeast and a lager yeast and incorperated some brown sugar to boost gravity and add a je ne sais quoi to it lol. I'm fermenting at the low end of the ale yeast and the upper end of the lager yeast, right on that sweet spot of 60 degrees for 3 weeks, then packaging and aging/lagering at 38* for another 3 weeks.
I boiled for 90 mins because I didn't read this post first. My line of thinking was to make those malliard reactions happen to give it that beautiful copper color, which it did nicely! Didn't know the trick about a covered simmer as per Martin, will have to try that sometime too.
Good luck, yours looks good! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk