Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: intertap/perlick  (Read 6214 times)

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: intertap/perlick
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 03:21:28 pm »
I have occasional hollow pours on my Perlick. Their troubleshooting guide says that is a pressure problem. When I get that I just adjust the knob (open it up) during the pour and it fixes it.

I haven’t seen that yet on the Intertap.

Perlick specification with troubleshooting guide: https://www.perlick.com/assets/Uploads/Products/SpecSheets/Forward-Sealing-Faucet.pdf?

Offline tommymorris

intertap/perlick
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 03:22:27 pm »

(Slightly off topic:  My new, chromed brass tap handle is heavy enough that the self-closing spring does not reliably self-close.  But at least it doesn't cause turbulent flow.)

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Half a pound of shiny chrome goodness... that’s too bad.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:28:48 pm by tommymorris »

Offline Robert

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »

(Slightly off topic:  My new, chromed brass tap handle is heavy enough that the self-closing spring does not reliably self-close.  But at least it doesn't cause turbulent flow.)

Oh, I love the shiny goodness.   The spring works, but it might be a little slow to close sometimes.  Does illustrate how heavy that thing is. I'm pleased with both additions.

EDIT I've determined it's only sometimes slowish to spring back on the very first pull of the night, when it's probably just a bit sticky.  Otherwise the spring works fine with the heavy handle.   Of course this still leaves my cat some opportunity for unintentional mischief... and I realize I could just remove the handle when not pouring to solve that....

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:16:36 pm by Robert »
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline tommymorris

intertap/perlick
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2019, 07:27:23 pm »

Oh, I love the shiny goodness.   The spring works, but it might be a little slow to close sometimes.  Does illustrate how heavy that thing is. I'm pleased with both additions.

EDIT I've determined it's only sometimes slowish to spring back on the very first pull of the night, when it's probably just a bit sticky.  Otherwise the spring works fine with the heavy handle.   Of course this still leaves my cat some opportunity for unintentional mischief... and I realize I could just remove the handle when not pouring to solve that....

Removing the handle should never be an option (unless someone invents a quick disconnect). I would train the cat to close the tap when he’s done drinking.

Offline Robert

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2019, 07:31:56 pm »

Removing the handle should never be an option (unless someone invents a quick disconnect). I would train the cat to close the tap when he’s done drinking.
Probably easier to train me to stop being paranoid about something that's never happened.   Wait , I know who can do that, the cat's trained me to do lots of stuff....

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2019, 07:34:31 am »

Probably easier to train me to stop being paranoid about something that's never happened.   Wait , I know who can do that, the cat's trained me to do lots of stuff....

So did mine, Rob! At least I hope you don't have one that tries to drink your beer!  One of the cats I had years ago would try to stick his head all the way into the shaker pint glass to get a sip from time to time.  Now if yours starts pouring a beer for itself, you have something to worry about!!!!!  :)
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified