Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What is cooking today?  (Read 42610 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: What is cooking today?
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2020, 11:35:18 am »
Grilling my yearly steak today.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2020, 08:34:16 pm »
Grilled one too. But it’s more like weekly steak.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2020, 09:50:12 am »

That's about how often I can afford a beefsteak myself ;D.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2020, 09:52:51 am »

I really prefer seafood.  Steak maybe once a year, burger maybe 2-3 times a year, bison a few times.  Maybe pork once a year if I'm at a restaurant where they have something that looks good.  But mainly chicken and fish.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2020, 09:59:34 am »

I really prefer seafood.  Steak maybe once a year, burger maybe 2-3 times a year, bison a few times.  Maybe pork once a year if I'm at a restaurant where they have something that looks good.  But mainly chicken and fish.

We buy half cow each year from my brother-in-law.  We haven't been able to find hogs to buy off a farm for years.  I would have loved to get one this year and help out a farmer but all the local locker plants are booked up though August or later (my wife has absolutely no interest in butchering a hog ourselves).

That said, we smoked a 14lb turkey yesterday and it's delicious!  Now I'm hungry. 8^(

Paul

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2020, 10:47:00 am »

We buy half cow each year from my brother-in-law.  We haven't been able to find hogs to buy off a farm for years.  I would have loved to get one this year and help out a farmer but all the local locker plants are booked up though August or later (my wife has absolutely no interest in butchering a hog ourselves).

That said, we smoked a 14lb turkey yesterday and it's delicious!  Now I'm hungry. 8^(

Paul

Paul

I once raised and butchered a hog myself to get in touch with where my food comes from.  Once was more than enough for me.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2020, 12:35:30 pm »

Paul

Paul

I once raised and butchered a hog myself to get in touch with where my food comes from.  Once was more than enough for me.
I really dig that - that's the main reason why I hunt and fish. I don't do it frequently, or successfully, enough to supply much of my family's food, but it helps keep perspective.

I could never raise and butcher my own hog, mainly because it would become a new 600 pound pet for my wife, like all our chickens and ducks  ;D
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2020, 12:46:40 pm »

Paul

Paul

I really dig that - that's the main reason why I hunt and fish. I don't do it frequently, or successfully, enough to supply much of my family's food, but it helps keep perspective.

I could never raise and butcher my own hog, mainly because it would become a new 600 pound pet for my wife, like all our chickens and ducks  ;D

We named ours after our landlord, so we had no qualms...

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2020, 01:19:20 pm »

Paul

Paul

We named ours after our landlord, so we had no qualms...

I have no place to raise hogs but if I needed I could butcher one.  I don't have the correct tools, of course, so I'd end up chroastibs (Chop/Roast/Ribs) cut.   ;)

We did 100+ chickens and a dozen ducks every year so conceptually I understand the process.  I really don't want to butcher, but I'd give it try.
I don't have current need to know where my food comes from after helping raise 5000+ hogs, 500+ Cattle, 2500+ sheep and other critters too diverse to mention, as a kid.   ;D  I know exactly where (and how) our food comes to our tables.  That's why I love marinated lamb, chops grilled to perfection.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2020, 02:39:35 pm »
I contracted alpha gal syndrome from a tick bite a few years ago so I get a pretty intense allergic reaction several hours after eating any meat from a mammal. I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, duck, and seafood as well as vegetarian dishes. I am actually getting really good at making great tofu dishes. I didn’t eat too much meat, maybe once a month, because I had given up factory raised meat years ago, which left fewer and more costly options.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline BrewBama

What is cooking today?
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2020, 03:26:19 pm »
When I bought this place there was only one restriction: I can’t raise hogs. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2020, 05:13:48 pm »
Chicken Piccata with Garlic/Rosemary Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2020, 05:58:26 pm »
Charcoal grilled lamb chops with an olive oil and red wine vinegar sauce, Brussels sprouts and rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2020, 04:25:33 pm »
Turkey kofta. Serving with homemade grilled pita, collard greens from the garden braised  with garlic and preserved lemons, fermented beets, tahini dressing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2020, 04:52:49 pm »
Brisket French Dip Sandwich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk