Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: What is cooking today?  (Read 42354 times)

Online BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
What is cooking today?
« Reply #420 on: July 23, 2022, 06:11:56 am »
Cured and smoked some bacon

*Disclaimer*: Any comment I add is simply the way I brew beer. There are certainly other ways that can be equally effective which other brewers may contribute. This is what I’ve found that works for me using my equipment and processes so I offer this for your consideration. YMMV

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: What is cooking today?
« Reply #421 on: July 23, 2022, 09:11:29 am »
I need to try this!! Just haven’t got around to doing it. That has to make a killer BLT

Offline ahiacanon

• 1st Kit
« Reply #422 on: July 24, 2022, 01:55:51 pm »
Really nice cooking, you all, and thanks for sharing the methods. Next time we go camping, I will implement all your advice and try to cook something better than I usually do.
I have always been not so good at cooking meat, and my favorite camping dishes are sandwiches and pies. Last year I got the coolest campfire sandwich maker I’ve ever had, and I have used it ever since. This thing is so multifunctional that I do both cooking sandwiches and baking hobo pies in it. And both these dishes taste great because you don’t need a lot of skill to make them. That’s why I like them – simple and tasty.

Offline Ralf Pi

• 1st Kit
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2022, 01:19:54 am »
That's really bad I can't post a video of what I cooked yesterday. I bought several rib-eye on the bone, more specifically Tomahawk.
My way of cooking this steak is now pretty simple, but takes time to prepare:

1. Generously season all parts of the steak and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Low and slow roast with a quick and hot sear at the end
3. Keep sauces, mustards, and other rubs away!

Today, I will cook air fryer pork chops following a new recipe similar to rib-eye on the bone. I hope I'll be delighted by the final result.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 03:30:07 am by Ralf Pi »

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2022, 03:43:14 pm »
That's really bad I can't post a video of what I cooked yesterday.
I bought several rib-eye on the bone, more specifically Tomahawk.

My way of cooking this steak is now pretty simple, but takes time to prepare:

1. Generously season all parts (including the sides) of the steak with kosher salt and place uncovered in an odorless refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Low and slow roast with a quick and hot sear at the end
3. Keep sauces, mustards, and other rubs away! This steak is packed with flavor!

thats exactly what i've learned to do. i mean exactly, even 24 hours and dry kosher salt. ive been using the BBQ for the end sear this summer since it adds flavours i like and i can get it as hot as i wanted it, while my stovetop is pretty weak.

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #425 on: October 22, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
smoked mackeral. hopefully going to build a smoker box in the coming months

Online BrewBama

« Reply #426 on: October 22, 2022, 03:19:03 pm »
Yum!

I did turkey legs last night for my DIL’s birthday.

*Disclaimer*: Any comment I add is simply the way I brew beer. There are certainly other ways that can be equally effective which other brewers may contribute. This is what I’ve found that works for me using my equipment and processes so I offer this for your consideration. YMMV

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #427 on: October 23, 2022, 08:18:35 am »
Bottled up a dozen lacto-fermented hot sauce! Jalapeño pepper base with kiwi, scallions, garlic and cilantro. It has a nice kick but could have used an additional fruit such as pineapple to add a touch more sweetness. This is taco bound today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #428 on: October 23, 2022, 09:26:54 am »
Made a 12 lb. pan of eggplant parmesan yesterday to clean out the eggplant and zucchini crops. We'll freeze most of it for winter eating.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Fire Rooster

« Reply #429 on: October 23, 2022, 10:29:07 am »
Turkey chili (ground turkey, onion, red kidney beans, black beans, condensed tomato soup, crushed tomatoes, spices)

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #430 on: October 23, 2022, 03:32:57 pm »
Made a 12 lb. pan of eggplant parmesan yesterday to clean out the eggplant and zucchini crops. We'll freeze most of it for winter eating.

That's awesome! We do the same thing every year because our eggplants are very abundant. After gifting many of our fruits to friends and family we still have many to prep and freeze for winter! One of our favorite ways is to slice, bread and fry the eggplant, vacuum seal then when we are desiring some eggplant just place in the toaster oven to heat tru and crisp up!!

Another way that we like to preserve eggplant is to make caponata! A sweet and sour ( agrodolce) A delicious melody of eggplant, tomatoes, onions, garlic, capers, celery....blah,blah,blah then can it to last all winter long and then some!!

Online BrewBama

What is cooking today?
« Reply #431 on: December 27, 2022, 10:30:56 am »
Salt cured bacon for New Year’s Day peas and greens.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 10:49:50 am by BrewBama »

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #432 on: December 27, 2022, 02:28:39 pm »
Salt cured bacon for New Year’s Day peas and greens.

last pic is perfect. ive been wanting to make a homemade smoker for a while but im just too lazy. probably a spring/summer project. hoping to make it big enough that i could also put in a mesh container of a few lbs of grain and really smoke a good quantity too.

Offline HopDen

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #433 on: March 04, 2023, 09:32:16 am »
10 lbs of Maple Brown Sugar  breakfast sausages. Will flash freeze most and vac seal. The rest are given to a few friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online BrewBama

« Reply #434 on: March 04, 2023, 12:10:37 pm »
Awesome!