I have been all over the interweb looking for details on canning water. I would like to use it to stir up my yeast in my brewbucket and my conical. also to rinse my yeast. this is my plan. can somebody give me a yay or nay? It might be overkill but maybe not.
1. clean my lids, rings and bottles with soap and hot water.rinse.
2. boil jars and rings submerged under water for 20 minutes in one pot to presterilize.
3. In a 2nd pot, boil my RO water.
4. pour boiling water over my lids.
5. Remove 1 jar and ring from boil and pour boiling RO water into the jar.
6. put a lid on the jar leaving 1 inch from the top.
7. put a ring on and tightem finger tight.
8. put the jar back in the boil for 20 mins
9. cool the jar overnight.
10. have magical sterile water to harvest and rinse yeast.
somebody said i can just put RO in the clean mason jar, put a lid on it and boil for 20 mins.