Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: dumb gasket question  (Read 1161 times)

Offline soymateofeo

• Assistant Brewer
  • El Mas Chingon
dumb gasket question
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:08:50 am »
I have a bag of nylon co2 regulator gaskets (regulator to tank) somewhere in this house that I can't find. They have some ridges in them.  I also have a small bag of flat nylon washers from the Home Depot which I am looking at in my hand.  They have no ridges. Will these gaskets work even though they have no ridges?  All parts of me say yes but I have been consistently wrong for the past 46 years so I am hesitant.

Offline MNWayne

• Brewer
Re: dumb gasket question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 08:16:13 am »
I'm sure someone wiser than myself will tell you no and have the science to back it up, but I say give it a try. Test regularly for leaks and by the time the tank kicks and it's time for a replacement you will have found that bag of proper gaskets.
Far better to dare mighty things....

Offline soymateofeo

• Assistant Brewer
  • El Mas Chingon
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:32:28 am »
ha ha.  yah.  It is 7:30 am and I am playing keg manifold rebuild.  I know those damn things are here somewhere but I will try these flat washers. Maybe a chicken sacrifice will help.  maybe not.

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 02:03:28 pm »
ha ha.  yah.  It is 7:30 am and I am playing keg manifold rebuild.  I know those damn things are here somewhere but I will try these flat washers. Maybe a chicken sacrifice will help.  maybe not.

If the chicken sacrifice helps let me know, I’ve been wanting to try one in hopes that I don’t need to replace my pressure release valves.
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."

Offline soymateofeo

• Assistant Brewer
  • El Mas Chingon
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:11 pm »
sadness.  i just waited and bought co2 washers.  i did put the chicken in the smoker.