Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: rims rocket  (Read 839 times)

Offline MattyAHA

• Brewer
rims rocket
« on: April 16, 2019, 11:03:32 am »
im in the process of piecing together my final brew rig, i have a hop rocket that i do not use very often and i was thinking of buying the rim rocket coil 120v and connect it to my ss brew tech insulated mash tun so i can recirculate and have added temp precision and also just to put it to use so its not just sitting for years on end, the 120v rims rocket coil is 2000w element so how long would it take to ramp from say 148F to MO? talking 10 gallon batches normally do 5 gallons but if it can handle 10g it will be more efficient with 5, anyway enough rambling, does anyone have 120v RR and if so was it worth the money? i can buy a cheaper rims tube but since i already have the hop rocket it gives the option to use as a rims/hop back/randall and keeps me from having more equipment lying around, you opinions and thoughts are appreciated cheers
Matty

"This sweet nectar was my life blood"-  Phil "Landfill" krundle

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: rims rocket
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 12:16:22 pm »
I do not have a Rims Rocket. I have a RIMS tube from Brewhardware running 120v 1650 ULWD element. I plan for a 1.3*F/min rise. I only brew 5 gal batches. YMMV

IMO, whether or not it’s worth it is a question only you can answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk