Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lauter Tun  (Read 1487 times)

Offline tinags

• 1st Kit
Lauter Tun
« on: August 10, 2010, 04:20:11 pm »
I'm buidling a lauter tun but I'm running into different design problems mostly related to food grade hardware...I want to make a bulkhead fitting to the end of my picnic cooler lauter but I hear you can't use brass made outside the US because it isn't food grade, is this true?  If so besides pvc for the inside of the cooler what optiosn do i have for the fitting?  Cheers!!

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Lauter Tun
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:00:08 pm »
several options.  you could use nylon and or cpvc fittings.  you could use a grommet and feed your hose through the grommet and connect this to your ss braid from a supply hose. start looking at pics and i am sure it will come to you.  try not to get too complicated.  make something try it. and fix what doesn't work
Don AHA member

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Lauter Tun
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:50:04 am »
FWIW, I've found that using a bulkhead on my cooler doesn't allow me to drain as thoroughly as something like this..

Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell