Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Imperial Saison IPA  (Read 2849 times)

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
Imperial Saison IPA
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:35:39 am »
I have a stoopid amount of hops in the freezer that I need (or maybe the right word is can...) to use and lots of belgian saison yeast (wyeast 3724)

why not, right?

my house saison is a very close approximation of Dave Levonian's saison.  Just bump up the grain amounts to get to about 1.090? 

I have no idea what the hops are besides that they are pellets and I have lots -- about 2lbs (multi-varietal)

Still add the coriander, grains o' paradise, and orange peel?  I don't see why not... most of the hops smell pretty citrusy and some flowery.  Figured might as well to still have the saison character come through, although maybe bump the amounts up to compensate for the massive hop additions?

I've been in an experimental mood lately... adding sour cherries and all kinds of bacteria to my ginger lime saison, brett-ing a portion of my date/fig infused dubbel, port-barrel sour blonde with raisins, etc.

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
Re: Imperial Saison IPA
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 12:15:22 pm »
Do it before it gets too cool to get that yeast to finish!
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/

Offline ryang

• Brewer
  • Indian Hills CO
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:53:58 pm »
with the way this summer has been in denver... not a problem.  it's fall?  not hardly.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 12:01:40 am »
date/fig infused dubbel

I'd be interested in seeing that recipe; sounds delicious.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC