Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tamarind stout recipe  (Read 9979 times)

Offline adamrobbins2018

• 1st Kit
Tamarind stout recipe
« on: August 28, 2018, 10:09:03 am »
What's a girl His own way?

She's at her computer watching him bumble along. She is reading Figures on a monitor display.

It's Jan. 12. It's a Friday-afternoon ride on the train Taking her guy right he will be home no money this week.

Crystol Springer recalls. She remembers what her guy Mike Before leaving for the Touchstone Energy Tucson Open, Stated.

The PGA Tour had given a to players, a bit Palm VIIx was named by box. Mike said to his wife,"Maybe Friday afternoon, it is possible to e-mail me and tell me what the cut is likely to be"

The Palm devices make correspondence possible. You're in Fresno, your husband is about the 17th tee in Tucson, so that you type a message, in a speech, hit SEND, and your words are. . . Your bogey-train passenger, that in the instant includes two holes to play and finds himself idling about the tee.

He's wondering, what's the cut going to be? Here Mike Remembers what he advised Crystol.

So he fetches the toy from his golf purse, checks his Email, and downloads four from friends saying hello, five messages, one from his spouse.

Crystol's email reports that the three bogeys put Mike over the Cut line, possibly by two shots.

Then she adds, by means of marital encouragement,"Better get Your behind moving."

What the rules say about'information'

We'll reach the Springer saga's denouement. First Let's turn to the Rules of Golf, where"advice" is defined as"any counsel or suggestion which could influence a player in determining his play, the choice of a club or the method of making a stroke."
https://medium.com/@bestgolfrangfinder/how-to-choose-the-best-golf-rangefinder-c2de729787ca

Insists that information could be obtained "only from his partner or either of their caddies."

Is it OK for a husband within an Arizona path Out of his spouse in California? Unexpectedly, questions that are high tech are everywhere in golf. The Mike & Crystol Cyber Chat is one case of the game's full embrace of this Information Age.

Cell phones are old hat. They long have been a crime against Civility so on a golf course, and there's yet hope for taking/making such calls during 32, that a right-thinking legislature will approve implementation by injection as punishment.

The infernal telephones turn out to be only the vanguard of The 21st century into golf. Coming soon to a course near you: every man, woman and kid carrying not just a cell phone but pager, not just a pager however a Palm, not only a Palm but a different magical box known as the SkyGolf GPS, a global positioning system partnered with a Palm V that provides yardages and a history of each shot you've ever struck.

We have become information addicts. We're wired six ways to Sunday. We are mainlining databytes. We're hooked and we want our fix. Not in one hour. Now.

We want to know everything we want a little and there is to understand Magic box to tell it us all and heaven help us if our magic-box batteries will have lost the capability to figure it out and go dead since then we won't know anything.

It's now possible to find out the distance from here Palm tree by speaking to some box rather than by keenly eyeballing it. Is referral legal?

In the 1996 Evian Masters in France Entertained herself en route to success by pulling a TV. She watched England play with Spain in a football match. Could it be OK, one wonders, to watch in the performing receive information regarding the holes you will play in the next hour and your tournament?

While walking down a fairway, you can carry On a conversation with your swing trainer through which he can play with back and critique a video of your gawdawful swing at the tee. Legal?

"Hell, no, you can't do this," says PGA Tour tournament director Mark Russell.

Otherwise, who knows what's OK? The game's discombobulated Rules-makers are scrambling to catch up with the high-tech possibilities of today.

"If you want to watch a videotape of Hogan's Five Fundamentals while you're playing, that is not OK," says Jeff Hall, a U.S. Golf Association assistant director for the Rules of Golf. "But if you bring the book and read it, OK."

To make the most of our societal lust the PGA, for information Tour created what it requires ShotLink, transmit and a platform designed to record information on every shot. To estimate a media release:"Included are... information on the lie (good, bad), the club strike, the stance (uphill, downhill or sidehill), place (fairway, rough, green or bunker), whether a penalty is involved, and the time of day every shot is hit, which is essential for video logging and relocating data. Walking scorers also transmit the rating of each player on each hole when the hole is completed."

Caddies report club selections. Laser range-finders measure Distances to the nearest foot the nearest 1/10th inch on greens, in fairways. The information is transmitted into network TV, intranet websites, onsite leader boards, closed-circuit TV and PGA Tour headquarters, which in turn uses the data on its own website and since the infrastructure for an interactive online game known as"Play Against the Pros."

Here one wonders about this extracurricular folderol. What Would Ben Hogan think?

When asked about he might agree with caddie Cayce Kerr, that ShotLink, says,"First time somebody comes into my participant's office, that individual gets inhaled verbally."

Translation: 15 seasons' veteran caddie considers ShotLink Has an erosion of integrity, flaws, one of them the diversion of participant and caddie, but more importantly. He supplies a caddies committee announcement on ShotLink that says..."If things go as planned, a participant witha late- weekend tee can see the consequence of every shot played until he tees off.reviews

"We think this produces quite an unbalanced competitive Advantage for that player. As described to us, the ShotLink information will probably be comprehensive and complicated than that accessible through television coverage. Does this undermine the integrity of this game?"
https://golfcompletes.com/best-golf-laser-rangefinders-reviews/
Great question, and it is the Type of going-to-the-heart-of-golf Question the USGA and the Royal and Ancient Golf Club rules-makers shortly must face. "There are things of confusion," that the USGA's Hall admits.

For Example, he states, it is obviously prohibited to use a global Positioning apparatus during play to determine distances. Yet many centers have supplied the GPS devices on carts, along with the USGA accepts scores from those areas for disability purposes--which is the very distinction between"competitive" golfing clubs and"recreational" golf that the USGA doesn't make for, say,"nonconforming" clubs.

But wait. What is so bad about a device advising about space? Is not it just a method of pacing the yardage off?

"We already mark sprinkler heads and Place in 150-yard Markers," Hall says. "And the USGA does desire to be a leader, not a follower. So we say,'OK, we have held the high moral ground as long as we could. Let's use GPS but limit its capacities '"

A GPS program can create a Record of each shot and every space. That information can be massaged to generate preshot directions, such as,"Hey, dummy, put the 9-iron back. From 142, it is an 8 to you."

Hall sighs. "If it moves beyond space to club Selection, we're clearly uninterested in that."

However, the tour's Mark Russell says the techno mumbo jumbo Won't change the game's ultimate truth:"You have still gotta putt the ball into the hole."

Springer gets his'behind' moving

In the dark ages, when people actually spoke to each other Rather Mike Springer might have used his time on the tee to ask a TV sound man to ask the boys.

But this time, Springer read Crystol's guidance: Better get your Behind moving.

He did. With 8-iron and 3-wood chip-in from 35 feet, a driveway, he Made eagle.

On his 18th hole, his 5-wood tee shot went into water, from Which he fell and put a 7-iron to five feet and made the putt for a diploma. He would earn $ 5,850 and left the cut by a shot.

"And as I'm walking down the 17th fairway," he states, "I'm on the Palm stocks. 'Take the benefit,' I let it."

The following week, the green sheet of advice of the tour to players Announced what's become known as"the Mike Springer rule."
==> Click here fanpage
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:04:17 am by adamrobbins2018 »

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
Re: Tamarind stout recipe
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 12:27:27 pm »
Its pretty sour stuff. I have some tamarind pulp at home now. I wouldn't put too much in. You might try a measured amount in a glass of any lightly flavored beer (not too hoppy or roasty) and see what that effect is and to help you gauge a dose for 6 gal. It's always better to have too little than too much.

If the beer ends too sour with the tamarind addition, then you can consider adding a basic buffer like chalk or baking soda to help neutralize the excess acidity.
Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 07:36:19 pm »
I too have a tamarind beer in the works.  My tack is to add tamarind concentrate in the keg; I've already tried a series of small additions to glasses of finished beer to figure out what final dosing will work best.  I don't have my notes in front of me, but I think I'll be adding about 16-18 oz of concentrate from jars into a 5-gallon batch of Dubbel.

Good luck with your brew!

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 06:23:53 pm »
Update- adding directly into the keg resulted in a clog at the bottom of the dip tube so beer wouldn't pour.  I had even pressed the tamarind concentrate through a sieve to separate out a lot of pulp.  Had to blow our the dip tube with CO2 to get the beer flowing again.  Next-time I'll add to the fermenter and let it settle so I can rack off of it.  All in all, the tamarind flavor marries nicely with the dubbel.