Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Enartis Yeast in a Cider Brew  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
Re: Enartis Yeast in a Cider Brew
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 10:02:27 am »
Update

A few days ago the Ferment just abruptly stopped, I got home and I was talking to one of the people I am renting a house with, and suddenly I noticed that the bubbles weren't happening and must have stopped sometime while I was gone.

So we siphoned out an Apple Juice container full of the Cider, and it was really murky and had that Yeast smell, so I figured that the Yeast was all still alive. We drank some, and it was EXTREMELY bitter. At first I thought I had put too much Cinnamon in it or something, but then it clicked.

The Ferment ended abruptly, and it was bitter, it was Dry. It had depleted all its Sugar supply and had not gotten to 14%, but due to the complete lack of Sugar, it was just bitter.

So I added 25 lbs more of Sugar, and it has now been 3-4 days, and it is starting to Bubble slower, instead of quickly or an abrupt stop. If it is too bitter this time, I will add more sugar, but the Yeast won't make much more alcohol (it can only survive up to 14% alcohol), and then it won't be Dry.

But everything is going good.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 04:04:33 pm »
Here it is. It is really good, but it is also really strong. I will make some more videos, including some so you can actually see it, like pouring and everything. Then videos about how to make different mixed drinks and then the champagne and everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8liRkYRHC4

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »
And it has actually been done for a little while, and it's a little under 50 Gallons because we drank some

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 11:48:30 pm »
Ok, so I ended up moving, and had to leave the ferment. I have not posted in a while but I will start posting here again soon and brewing again soon. I have a lot of stuff going on with some Court Cases that can benefit anyone brewing Religiously. I am dealing with the DEA now, and the ATF is next.

Offline Sasha

• Brewer
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 11:51:48 pm »