Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Twin Cities Clubs?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Timothy Ewald

• 1st Kit
Twin Cities Clubs?
« on: July 06, 2021, 05:04:11 pm »
I am interested in joining a homebrew club in the Twin Cities (Minnesota). There are a number of local clubs listed on the AHA website, but its hard to tell which ones are active, and what the clubs' philosophies/culture are all about. A couple of clubs that jumped out to me due to their websites are the St. Paul Homebrew Club, the Minnesota Brewers Association and the Nordeast Brewers Club. Can anyone give any insight as to how welcoming these (or other) clubs are to new members, how big they are, how active they are, focus on education/socializing/competition/mix, or any other characteristics? As for what I am looking for, I would like a club that includes brewers of all levels, educates its members without being over-the-top critical (its a hobby, after all), and is made up of regular folks of all walks who just want to periodically talk about and brew good beer. Thanks much for any insight!

Offline downbrew

• 1st Kit
Re: Twin Cities Clubs?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 08:58:06 am »
Joining a club is a great idea.  It makes sense but I never even realized homebrew clubs existed.  I am very new to this and trying to learn as much as I can.  Finding a club in my area where I can talk to people that are already experienced brewers would be awesome.  Thanks for the idea.

Offline waltsmalt

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 11:06:48 am »
Where in the Twin Cities are you located?  I’m in the southeast metro, and I’ve gone back and forth on making the time to join a club or start an informal one. 

Offline Timothy Ewald

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 07:00:00 pm »
I live in the Northeast burbs near Shoreview. 

Offline davemn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 09:04:48 pm »
All the people I've met from the various Twin Cities clubs have been great. Try a couple of different meetings and see which one fits with what you're looking for. Always good to bring homebrew for feedback. COVID threw a wrench in what a normal meeting looks like, though I think they're starting to get back on track. I'm in the St. Paul club, so I have a bit of a bias, but that's the best club up here, IMHO.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk