Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BVIP with wlp007  (Read 1123 times)

Offline petermmitchell

• Cellarman
BVIP with wlp007
« on: September 27, 2018, 06:16:39 am »
Has anyone ever tried the BVIP recipe with wlp007 before?  Normally I would go with the yeast the recipe calls for, however I have an opportunity to repitch a large fresh slurry of wlp007.  I thought it would still be pretty good.  If not I was considering a russian imp stout.  Also does anyone have experience with adding the vanilla beans directly into primary once its done instead of transferring to a secondary?  Trying to eliminate extra transfers / work where I can.  Thanks for the help!   

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: BVIP with wlp007
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 08:26:15 am »
Has anyone ever tried the BVIP recipe with wlp007 before?  Normally I would go with the yeast the recipe calls for, however I have an opportunity to repitch a large fresh slurry of wlp007.  I thought it would still be pretty good.  If not I was considering a russian imp stout.  Also does anyone have experience with adding the vanilla beans directly into primary once its done instead of transferring to a secondary?  Trying to eliminate extra transfers / work where I can.  Thanks for the help!

I have no experience with either.  Go for it....it will probably be OK.  But I control you that there's  a reason the recipe is the way it is.  But I can't vouch for stuff I haven't tried, so you'll have to find out.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell