Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experimental Brewing Podcast 76 - Having an Old Night Cap  (Read 942 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Experimental Brewing Podcast 76 - Having an Old Night Cap
« on: September 26, 2018, 11:09:26 am »
includes an interview and tasting with forum member riceral!

https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcast/episode-76-having-old-night-cap

We should call this a follow up episode because we've got a bunch of follow up to previous shows, including your feedback on the Brew Files water show and a chance to taste listener Ralph Rice's Altbier that he sent in thanks to our Alt show. One of our own just won a big award! We also announce our next experiment before diving into the beer world, both new and old, including a cool new blend of hops from sponsor Yakima Chief Hops that we're going to give away to the two challenge recipes we choose!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Brewtopalonian

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Experimental Brewing Podcast 76 - Having an Old Night Cap
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 05:59:42 pm »
Great Show Denny!  I didn't know you did this, will definitely be tuning in from now on!
Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:21:32 pm »
I've never had an Altbier. It's just not been on my radar. After listening to you guys describe this one however I immediately took down the recipe and then listened to the podcast a second time to make some notes with your suggestions. This is going to the top of my to-do list.

Thank you.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 07:49:30 am »
Great minds think alike: I recently ordered the ingredients for an Alt for this weekend’s brew day. Based on the reaction I can only hope this beer is as delicious as Ralph’s (though it will be my first go at the style).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 10:47:46 am »
The latest version of the altbier is the same as my previous batch. The only change was the malt source. I previously used Weyermann pils and Munich but this batch was using Mecca Grade malts. Using the Weyermann malts made a good beer but the Mecca Grade took it to a new level, in my opinion.

Ralph R.