Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: No Pants brewers?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Hersey

• Cellarman
No Pants brewers?
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:32:05 pm »
Anyone brewing no pants these days?  Weazeltoe?  Bluesman?  Cappozzli?  Everyone gone or still kicking around? 

Just getting back into brewing myself, I want to make a whiskey but smoke flavored so I'd rather try what would call a scotch.  I prefer scotch over any beer these days but I do enjoy both... I've not found an American whiskey/bourbon that I truly like yet.  So... I'mma try my own... No Pants style!  :D ;-)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Re: No Pants brewers?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 04:55:48 pm »
Weazeltoe checks in once in a while.

Bluesman started a brewery.

Capozzoli hasn't posted here in over 5 years. 
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline Hersey

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »
Hey Narcout!  How ya been?  I used to just go by my name I think... Dean or DeanD.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 02:38:20 pm »
Yeah, I remember you, you used to post here quite a bit.

What have you been up to?  Unfortunately, we've lost quite a few active posters here over the last few years.

Things are going fine here in So Cal.  Had a kid a few years ago, but still brewing regularly...
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline Hersey

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 06:17:11 am »
ICongrats on the kid!   :D.  I'm about 4 to 6 years out from retiring, some days I can't wait.  Trying to get my arsenal of Toys rounded up and ready for when I do retire so I can keep busy.  Started keeping honeybees this year too...not taking any honey this year, just hoping they survive this winter.  Other than that, just working and a little farming.

I think homebrewing will make another comeback...its ebb and tide like most things.  I want to try making scotch whiskey but I'm not sure exactly about building the still.  I have a half barrel keg that I converted to a fermenter about 12 or so years ago, I think I can modify it but not sure what all I need to do it without making the wrong alcohols... some sort of tower mounts to the top?  Maybe someone on here will explain it and point me the right direction...

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 02:04:43 pm »
Weird. I pop in for the first time in months and there is a no pants thread.
Not been brewing this past summer. Hopefully in the fall now. Not gonna, it's been a bad summer. My sister got sick out of no where and died two days before her birthday. Her and were we are close as a male and female could be without it being weird, so it was pretty rough. My parents basically checked out. She was in the hospital for three weeks and they didn't go to see her once. So, there's some pretty hard feelings hanging around. Dad just had another heart attack, and has had two toes amputated due to diabetes. Wife lost her uncle to cancer, lost her aunt, and her dad was diagnosed with abdominal cancer.
 All in all, this summer has sucked! Really haven't been up for brewing but I'm still here. I'll be back at it before long. Hope you all are still keeping at it and all are happy and healthy.
 On a positive note, I had my fifteen minutes of fame a couple weeks ago.

http://www.wfmj.com/clip/14631801/stick-shift-car-sales-at-record-lows
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 05:53:00 pm »
Wow dude. This summer did suck. Sorry for your troubles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 07:55:22 pm »

On a positive note, I had my fifteen minutes of fame a couple weeks ago.

http://www.wfmj.com/clip/14631801/stick-shift-car-sales-at-record-lows

I don't even know what to say about that string of $#!??% luck.  But the anti-theft measure is solid, man.  Over here not long ago a couple of teenage honor students robbed a store and tried to carjack a getaway.  They were still trying to get the owner to explain how the stick worked when the boys in blue rolled up on them.   Best of luck going forward.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 05:02:36 am »
Thanks guys. Despite everything, life ain't bad. Some people would kill to trade their problems for mine, so I ain't gonna complain. I have an amazing wife and two awesome daughters so life is good. It'll be even better once I get brewing again.

Offline davidw

• Cellarman
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 08:59:18 am »
Hey Weaze! I have not brewed all summer as well, seemed like every time I had a chance the temps were pushing 90 degrees and that is no fun. We still need to get together and do some brewing, either on your end or mine.

Two daughters, that will keep you busy, ours have girlscouts, cross country, basketball, etc. They will also give you a few gray hairs. Sorry to hear about everything going on with you and your family, sending some positive waves your way.

So the question becomes: do you wear pants while driving a manual?

david
"The intriguing situation about brewing, on the other hand, is that mechanisms are theoretically possible, and the real key to success is the ability to identify those that are genuinely relevant in any particular situation."

~ George Fix : Introduction, Principles of Brewing Science

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 10:15:26 am »
Weaze, I'm so sorry to hear about all the loses in your family.  That's a bad run, for sure.

Sounds like you have found a good outlook to move forward with.  Your little girls will grow up faster than you can imagine and definitely keep you busy. 

I'm facing the other end of raising kids at this point.  Last one is a Senior in high school and is off to ISU next year.  SWMBO and I are starting to wonder what we will do without our 4 little monsters in the house.  Try to enjoy every moment.   ;D

Your car isn't completely safe.  I forced all our kids to at least learn to drive a manual transmission.  They don't shift great but they at least know how it works.  8)

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 06:01:52 pm »
Gotta wear pants while driving. Don't wanna shart on the upholstery.

Offline Hersey

• Cellarman
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 06:49:35 am »
Hey Weazle!  Been a while!  My condolences on your loss.  So... that was your hand and wrist in the commercial right?  ;-)  lol!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk