Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Layoffs.  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Layoffs.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 11:36:29 am »
poodle sack race night

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to gloss over this one. Is this a sack race, but with poodles? Where the sack is made from poodles? Where you put poodles into a sack and have them race each other?

You put the poodles in sacks and throw them into a swimming pool, where they race back and forth while the brewer tries to figure out if they are affecting his hydrometer reading.
Ha!  Somebody remembered  wher I got poodles from! But now PETA is gonna be all over our @$$....  ;D
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2018, 01:53:16 pm »
poodle sack race night

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to gloss over this one. Is this a sack race, but with poodles? Where the sack is made from poodles? Where you put poodles into a sack and have them race each other?

You put the poodles in sacks and throw them into a swimming pool, where they race back and forth while the brewer tries to figure out if they are affecting his hydrometer reading.
Ha!  Somebody remembered  wher I got poodles from! But now PETA is gonna be all over our @$$....  ;D

I can't remember much anymore, but I remember the poodles in the hydrometer analogy.  HaHa!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2018, 07:20:00 pm »

Rob, I disagree with your analysis here.  I don't know of anyone who hates a brewery for being successful.  Undoubtedly there are, but I think it's few enough that I'm not aware of it.  Most people are happy for the owners/founders who sell and get rewarded for their hard work.  I think it boils down to who they sell to, and what the buyer's intentions are.  I have a problem with breweries who sell to ABI due to ABI's intent to limit access to beer other than what they own.  Heinekin and Sapporo, who have purchased American breweries, are relatively benign in that regard and I really don't have a problem with them. I just think you're painting with too broad a brush.

That is like where I’m getting at. How you gonna call something craft when a big boy is purposely trying to keep something local out of the competition. Prohibition or the end of it rather. Set up three things of I recall. It separates and creates a 3 tier system for selling and making beer. But when ABInbev is the distribution source. The small guy often can gets cut out.

Competition is a beast. But also. Some people don’t need to make good beer, which is sad. Some breweries have better salesmanship. Some bars know people at breweries. There is a craft beet bar where I live. I know the owner and several bartenders. One asked me a while back, “ how’s our tap selection?”

I told him it sucked. I don’t need 9 garbage IPAs to choose from. I want a delicious porter this time of year. I’ve had everything local, thanks for helping them, I’d rather give them my money directly. I’m looking for diverse good beers. Not rated 4 beers on tap hunter by people who don’t know off flavors. YOURE SERVING DIACETYl! And they don’t even know it.

Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."