Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: My Wife's shaker can  (Read 872 times)

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
My Wife's shaker can
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:00:50 am »
Well it is actually a jar. She keeps a plastic jar with baking soda on the kitchen counter. It was a equate anti-acid tablet plastic jar that I drilled  five 1/8" holes in the lid. It comes in handy for cleaning and deodorizing in the kitchen. Sometimes she forgets and washes my pint glasses in the dishwasher.  She also keeps a squirt bottle, like a catsup bottle in a restaurant, with Dawn dish soap in it. I squirt a drop in the pint glass and clean it then use the baking soda shaker and a hot water rinse to remove any film left behind. The pint glasses are then clean as a whistle. Just hold on to the glass because they are slippery after the baking soda

She also keeps a spray bottle of half rubbing alcohol and half water on the counter for cleaning. On brew days I borrow it for clean up in the brewery. Yes, she is a smart lady and used to clean houses for a living. 
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
Re: My Wife's shaker can
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:18:50 am »
my wife can shaker can...
Phoenix, AZ

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
Re: My Wife's shaker can
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:59 pm »
my wife can shaker can...
Somebody got it! ;)
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln