Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Eastpoint Beer Company  (Read 729 times)

Offline EchoValley

• 1st Kit
Eastpoint Beer Company
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:42:24 am »
Let me first preface this by saying that if this type of post is not allowed, I’m not going to be offended if it’s removed.  I read through the rules of the forum first and did not see any prohibitive language regarding posting the following.

One of the many folks who were affected by the destruction of hurricane Michael this past week in the Florida panhandle were a couple who were just weeks away from opening their dream, Eastpoint Beer Company in the small town of Eastpoint FL.  I don’t know these folks, never met them, but had spent a week in St. George Island/Eastpoint/Apalachicola region this past Sept. and had scouted out local breweries before arriving and EBC came up.  It of course was not open yet, but I did read about the owner in this story from the Tallahassee paper.  Over the summer, Eastpoint was affected by a fire and the owner put his building on hold to help his new community out, to give back.  So yeah, a good guy.

Now he’s on the flip side of that coin having to recover from the hurricane damage.  You can read more about him on their Facebook site.  There’s also been a GoFundMe account set up by one of their friends. 

There were too many people affected by the hurricane who lost everything and I feel for them all.  But you know…Homebrewers.

Thanks,
Scott Black
La Grange, KY