Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Used to be good...  (Read 6062 times)

Offline fredek

• 1st Kit
Re: Used to be good...
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 09:33:03 am »
Ditto on the Killian's. A friend gave me a couple of bottles for Christmas one year and I was amazed. Then I found it again in California waaaaay back before I even discovered what beer should be. I loved it so much that that I brought back two six-packs on the plane! Made my suitcase very heavy, but it was worth it. (Obviously that was a long time go.)

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:01 am »
I still like Sam Adams BL, but getting it "fresh" is getting more and more difficult.  Only the fresh bottles taste like the old days.  I'm not about to go argue with a store or department manager anymore... it would probably end up on youtube.   :D ???

I bought a sixer of NC Brown Ale a couple months back... it was at the date of best used by.  What a crock.  What happened to stores and or distributors pulling outdated or expired products off the shelves?   >:(  Btw... NC Brown Ale isn't made where it used to be either.

So... I only buy from certain stores now when it comes to buying beer... especially at the prices being charged these days.  I mean, why go through all the aggrivation anymore... stick to what you know and works.   It won't be long and we'll probably be the only sources left if stores and distributors keep treating people as if they don't really matter.  I'll see you all come this fall at the Big Rock Candy Mountain.    ;)   :D

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 11:54:20 am »
After typing that I figured I'd better say that I understand WHY the delivery/truckdrivers of the distribution companies DON'T cycle products... the bean counters already have them doing more for less so.... there it is... in a nutshell.

And now... I'm going to pull a pint or two of MY saison and probably chase it with a stout or two.  Its almost 2 pm here so what the hell.   ;D

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 12:53:43 pm »
I'm not about to go argue with a store or department manager anymore... it would probably end up on youtube.   :D ???

It might even get autotuned and break into the pop charts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmwxaBjFGM

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 01:29:06 pm »
I'm not about to go argue with a store or department manager anymore... it would probably end up on youtube.   :D ???

It might even get autotuned and break into the pop charts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmwxaBjFGM

That was fookin awesome! He's right about the walking. Especially here in the South. Cars and AC's the way to go...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline alikocho

• Brewmaster
  • Bristol, UK
    • A Storm Brewing
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 03:43:44 pm »
Is someone making Thomas Hardy's again?  I thought it finally bit the dust when O'Hanlon's dropped it.

not quite sure.  I last had a 2007 at a brew comp this past spring with a friend and it was disappointing. 

Last news I got was that Thomas Hardy's got dropped in June this year.
Bristol Brewing Circle (BBC)
Bristol Craft Brewers

UK National Homebrew Competition - http://www.bristolhomebrewcompetition.org.uk/