Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: This week in history....  (Read 3161 times)

Offline wfaris

• Cellarman
    • Lincoln Lagers
Re: This week in history....
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 03:02:00 pm »
I got to see Hendrix at a 3 day rock concert in New Orleans shortly after Woodstock.  Nothing like being awakened at 6 in the morning by the dulcet tones of Jimi playing the Star Spangled Banner.    :o

The rest of the lineup was awesome too.  Most of the same acts that were at Woodstock.  Even got to see Janis Joplin up close.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Nebraska Brews Since 2002

beveragebob

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 03:01:28 am »
Speaking of Keith Moon, it's quite ironic he died of a drug overdose. The drug was his medication that prevented him from consuming alcohol. it was Heminevrin  He took 32 pills. What a tragedy!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:08:40 am by beveragebob »

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 05:31:34 am »
damn, time rolls on & we've got a whole new week in front of us. on this day in 1969 -
After an eight-day Canadian tour, Frank Zappa disbanded the Mothers of Invention, claiming he was "tired of playing for people who clap for all the wrong reasons."

being new to the forum, I don't know weazletoe. and so have no idea if there's any link between the name and Weasels Ripped my Flesh, but to cross link this to a couple of other threads .... it did bring up a rather scary image of little weasels in kilts, all brewing regimental.

Good night boys & girls . . . Thank you for coming to our concert
Zappa!
Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 09:44:08 am »
damn, time rolls on & we've got a whole new week in front of us. on this day in 1969 -
After an eight-day Canadian tour, Frank Zappa disbanded the Mothers of Invention, claiming he was "tired of playing for people who clap for all the wrong reasons."

being new to the forum, I don't know weazletoe. and so have no idea if there's any link between the name and Weasels Ripped my Flesh, but to cross link this to a couple of other threads .... it did bring up a rather scary image of little weasels in kilts, all brewing regimental.

Good night boys & girls . . . Thank you for coming to our concert
Zappa!

Damn....Zappa....one of my first musical idols and the main reason I got into show biz.  After the first time I heard "Freak Out", I pretended I was sick for 3 days so I could stay home from school and listen to that album and try to learn the songs on my acoustic guitar.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell