Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best Place To Buy A Conical Fermenter  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Briscarben

• 1st Kit
Best Place To Buy A Conical Fermenter
« on: November 04, 2018, 06:02:41 am »
Hey guys I was thinking about getting a conical fermenter at some point in the near future. I never realized how expensive they were even for the plastic ones. Does anyone know any reasonable brands?

Offline goose

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Best Place To Buy A Conical Fermenter
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:46:20 am »
I am not sure what you mean by "reasonable" dollar-wise.  However, I bought a half-barrel SS BrewTech a couple years ago.  Although it was not cheap, it was the best price for my conical dollar out there.  I think I paid about $650 for it and the 7.5 gallon ones are less expensive, maybe half the price if I remember correctly.  It is of excellent quality and I love it.  I got it from More Beer since the waiting time on the SS website was really long and you had a sort of online lottery thing going when they first started up due to delivery times from the manufacturer.  Had to wait with More Beer as well, but it was only a month or so.  Not sure if there is any wait time now.

Just my $0.02.
Goose Steingass
Wooster, OH
Society of Akron Area Zymurgists (SAAZ)
Wayne County Brew Club
Mansfield Brew Club
BJCP Certified

Offline roger

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 05:24:49 pm »
+1 for the SS conical. They are currently starting at $399 for the 7 gal. I upgraded to butterfly valves and the neophrene jacket. I can control down to 55 F with the built-in cooling coil, and have placed my Speidel to storage. I was weary of the plastic ones, they do scratch over time, and have to be replaced.
Roger

Offline soymateofeo

• Assistant Brewer
  • El Mas Chingon
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 11:54:51 pm »
Check out the new anvil fermenter from blichmann.  Not quite a c ok nical but still dope.