Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Ventilation for Indoor Brewing  (Read 19477 times)

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Ventilation for Indoor Brewing
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 06:25:27 pm »
Don't mind the wort aroma but if it pulls the steam and burner fumes out to where I just have to have the side door and one window open I will be happy the garage door lets in to much cold whether lol

Offline ajk

• Brewer
  • Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 09:29:44 am »
Do also take heed of the advice from others above on makeup air. I have gas appliances in my space but don't provide makeup air, but I carefully monitor with a CO meter.

Offline BryPA

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 09:17:46 pm »
Mabrungard, can you post some more pics of your plexiglas vent hood?  What a great idea!

BryPA
Amateur Brewer Extraordinaire

Offline MerlinWerks

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:10 am »
FWIW here is my setup. The "hood" is a storage bin from Walmart. It's not connected right now but I use 6" semi-rigid pipe from the fan to my dryer outlet, then a 6" > 4" reducer and just disconnect my dryer vent when I brew. It doesn't capture 100%, but after 150+ brews the paper on my exposed insulation directly above the rig is only mildly wrinkled. The humidity in my basement actually goes down when I have this on...

Offline Kevin

• Brewmaster
  • Great beer. Less work. More fun.
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 02:58:20 pm »
Mabrungard, can you post some more pics of your plexiglas vent hood?  What a great idea!

You might want to message Martin about this. He posted that picture in 2015 when this thread was started.
“He was a wise man who invented beer.”
- Plato