Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: orAL 1202 error message  (Read 2466 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
orAL 1202 error message
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:08:43 am »
I have an error on my Inkbird IPB 16 controller. I use the stock pt100 probe and am thinking about replacing it but I am not convinced it’s the probe. It could be the controller itself. I get the same error even when I unplug the probe. Anyone know how to troubleshoot this device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ynotbrusum

Re: orAL 1202 error message
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:23:40 am »
I don't have an inkbird controller, but on my electric controller for my mash/boil kettle, I get an error code with similar indications (Oral something), when it is not connected to a functioning temperature probe.  That means I haven't connected it correctly (or it is disconnected) or the probe or electric line connected to the probe has malfunctioned.  I have re-soldered at my connection plug on the connection line a couple times to fix it.  I am a bit ham handed and need to be more careful not to twist the line or connection, as it can easily break.  I keep extra connection lines on hand for just such an instance.  Perhaps you can obtain the connection line and probe set up for a back up....

Good luck and Cheers.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:15:02 am »
I would contact the manufacturer and ask what the error code means.  Then act accordingly.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 11:04:28 am »
Yeah, it’s Inkbird so the customer support is not that great. I asked for the code and got some broken English response that is basically a non response. I also asked for a wiring diagram and they said they don’t have one.  Oh well.

I found a replacement pt100 probe and generic plug and will ring the wires starting at the board, thru the plug, and working back to the probe. I should be able to wire it and see if that works. If it doesn’t it’s north of the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mchrispen

• Brewmaster
    • Accidentalis Brewing Blog
Matt Chrispen
Sometime Austin Zealot
Blogging from the garage @ accidentalis.com
>> Bru'n Water Spreadsheet Walkthroughs<<
>> Bru'n Water Subscriber Version 5.3 Spreadsheet Walkthrough <<

Offline BrewBama

orAL 1202 error message
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 09:19:34 am »
I have the manual for my controller but thanks for your effort.

I got a kick out of the note I received today from my attempt to have them clarify the meaning of error code orAL 1202. They said, “Through your description we judge that the product is broken.”  LOL

Edit: it was the probe. I replaced it for ~$18 shipped and no more error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:44:42 pm by BrewBama »

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 12:43:15 pm »
Good to hear!  Handle with care or you might be like me - I keep backups on hand and find that I can’t seem to avoid abusing the line over time.  Thankfully they are usually easy to fix.

Cheers!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"