Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: S N pale ale  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
S N pale ale
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:28:05 pm »
Had my first one in many years.
Still awesome.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: S N pale ale
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 07:16:21 am »
I see they put on a huge Thanksgiving for fire victims.  We should probably all buy a sixer to help out. 
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 03:51:25 pm »
I see they put on a huge Thanksgiving for fire victims.  We should probably all buy a sixer to help out.
I did. Will buy more SN beers.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tumarkin

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 06:00:55 pm »
Sierra Nevada is brewing Resilience, a fund raiser beer for the fire victims. They are getting breweries all over the country involved - as well as malt, hop, & yeast suppliers for ingredients. Here's a link with list of involved breweries - the number is growing every day.

https://www.sierranevada.com/resilience-butte-county-proud-ipa

I'm looking forward to trying the SN version (if it makes it into my local market), and certainly the First Magnitude version being brewed here in Gainesville, FL. Craft beer is a great industry, and this is just another data point in support of that. Huge props to SN for this effort!!

Mark Tumarkin
Hogtown Brewers
Gainesville, FL

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:31:11 pm »
Sierra Nevada is brewing Resilience, a fund raiser beer for the fire victims. They are getting breweries all over the country involved - as well as malt, hop, & yeast suppliers for ingredients. Here's a link with list of involved breweries - the number is growing every day.

https://www.sierranevada.com/resilience-butte-county-proud-ipa

I'm looking forward to trying the SN version (if it makes it into my local market), and certainly the First Magnitude version being brewed here in Gainesville, FL. Craft beer is a great industry, and this is just another data point in support of that. Huge props to SN for this effort!!

This is huge and I'm proud to say my brewery made a batch of it.  Glad to see the community pull together.

Honestly, collabs and fundraisers like this are nothing new for the beer industry, but something on this scale, all 50 states and several countries is remarkable.  It doesn't replace property or lives lost, but it helps those who are left move on and continue pushing forward.  I hope I get to try some local batches of Resilience and I'll certainly be grabbing some more SN beers next time I'm at the store.
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 07:42:42 pm »
From a completely selfish perspective,  I look forward to the opportunity of tasting the "same" beer from different breweries, to get an idea of house character/ flaws/strengths.   With SN as the baseline of course. Couple of brewers around here doing it.
Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.