Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Looking for large Cleanup sink  (Read 3913 times)

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
Looking for large Cleanup sink
« on: July 20, 2013, 04:46:09 pm »
So, my next upgrade,  is an exterior cleaning station.  Ideally, the sink will need to be big enough to accommodate cleaning my carboys, soda kegs, and keggles and it'd be nice if it was big enough to take my Coleman Extreme 70whatever qt cooler.  Anybody know of a sink this big? 

My keggles are 24" high so the faucet height and sink bottom would need to be that minimum.  I'm currently cleaning my carboys and soda kegs inside, it's kind of a pain and cleaning the keggles and mash tun in the yard, not fun when it rains.  I have a small exterior sink with water and drain line ran already, was planning on removing it, if I can find the right setup.
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Re: Looking for large Cleanup sink
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 06:27:13 pm »
Look in the home improvement store for Utility sink.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline In The Sand

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:20:13 pm »
I bought mine from Lowes. Works great for cleanup and yesterday I spliced into the line after the filter to hook in an RV hose for our brewing water. I think I dropped $100 on the sink. Well worth it!
Trey W.

Offline troybinso

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:16:20 pm »
Get a plastic utility sink and put a bottle washer on the faucet end. You can get most of the gunk out with a few sprays of warm water then a soak in your cleaner of choice. It works for kegs, carboys and bottles.

Offline mabrungard

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Water matters!
    • Bru'n Water
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 06:45:42 am »
I used a 24" by 36" Mop Basin as my cleanup station.  I placed it on a pedestal so that it was at about the right height.  I use a typical shower fixture to control the water.  There is a 5' long washing machine water supply line with a hose-end sprayer attached to the shower pipe.  The walls are covered with the plastic panels used in bathrooms.  It has proven to be quite effective.

Martin B
Carmel, IN

BJCP National
Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)

Brewing Water Information at:
https://www.brunwater.com/

Like Bru'n Water on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Brun-Water-464551136933908/?ref=bookmarks

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 01:07:10 pm »
Thanks Martin!   That's exactly what I was thinking of!  Now to start saving...
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:26:24 am »
I picked up a stainless, large three basin sink with returns from a restaurant that was going out of business.  Each sink is 24x24x18.  Easily fitting two buckets in each sink. 

Best part was the banker that handled the sale was an avid homebrewer. 

Keep on eye for used restaurant equipment stores.

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 07:28:05 pm »
My stainless steel mansink along with the commercial faucet with diverter and hose spray thingy were bought new online.  Had them delivered to my plumber, who installed it in the laundry room.  They also installed the pump which is on the floor, because the house does not have a floor-level drain in the basement.  Holds my B3 12 gal. conical fermenter, buckets, kegs, etc., and I love it.

Total cost was fairly unreasonable ??? but what the heck, I really wanted it, and the Spousal Unit loves the fact that my entire cleaning, rinsing, soaking operations are now out of the kitchen.

Since installing, I also put a table in the corner to the right of the sink that holds my bottle tree and some other stuff, and also a wire rack which hangs down from above.  The rack holds pretty much anything (buckets, hoses, etc.), which I put up wet and they drip right into the sink to dry.  I also put a slash-guard on the left side to keep spray from hitting the water heater.

Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline Jeff Willson

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 03:41:32 am »
Get a plastic utility sink and put a bottle washer on the faucet end. You can get most of the gunk out with a few sprays of warm water then a soak in your cleaner of choice. It works for kegs, carboys and bottles.
https://www.bath1.com/utility-sink-faucets