Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brew a professional beer with Melvin, Morebeer and Brewers Network  (Read 3211 times)

Offline MelvinBrewingCrew

• 1st Kit

Greetings homebrewers, Jeremy Tofte of Melvin Brewing here!

We’ve recently thought up some beer world greatness and it involves your participation. MoreBeer, The Brewing Network and Melvin Brewing have partnered up to launch a campaign we’ve coined as The Boil Rumble. You can check out the competition details on (MelvinBrewing.com), but let’s sit down and have a little talk in the meantime…

What beers are making a splash in the homebrew world that you would like to see on the shelves in the store but have not?

What are the most cutting edge beers members in your club are brewing right now.  What makes them cutting edge and innovative? How is your club pushing the envelope in the craft brewing industry?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:26:47 pm by duncan »

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
Re: Brew a professional beer with Melvin, Morebeer and Brewers Network
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:16:04 am »
Hey everyone!

If your club wants a chance to brew a beer with Melvin, MoreBeer and the Brewing Network, you must be registered with the American Homebrewers Association.

Club registration with the AHA is free and takes just a few minutes. You can do the process here: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/community/clubs/club-updates-form/

Don't forget, the competition entry deadline is January 31st! You can find all the competition details here on MelvinBrewing.com.

American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:28:21 pm »
We are brewing a Gose on the pilot system next week. What's your favorite way to brew these?

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:45:19 am »
Brewing on the pilot system over the weekend, can’t wait to show the winning clubs Wyoming!

Offline Bilsch

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 07:03:31 pm »
What beers are making a splash in the homebrew world that you would like to see on the shelves in the store but have not?

Well I'd love to see another IPA on the market because there aren't many of those around. And if you could figure out how to get even more hop bitterness packed in there that would be great.

But seriously though how about just a good clean well made pilsner or helles without flaws that need to be covered up by hops or other added flavors. That's what I would really like to see on my store shelves.

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 07:14:05 pm »

Well I'd love to see another IPA on the market because there aren't many of those around. And if you could figure out how to get even more hop bitterness packed in there that would be great.

But seriously though how about just a good clean well made pilsner or helles without flaws that need to be covered up by hops or other added flavors. That's what I would really like to see on my store shelves.
My dream list:  1) pale ale/bitter 2) dark ale (strong mild, Burton) 3) porter/stout 4) pale lager 5) dark lager.  Enough for 5 desert islands.  Guess I need to find a Wayback machine.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 01:40:33 pm »

I hear that, sometimes you just want a beer. 

The Melvin San Diego brewer, Bobby (aka the Other Bobby Digital) is way into brewing session beers.  He's going to enter a Helles at GABF this year. Hopefully with a punny name, like "H E Double Helles Sticks".

Do you have a helles you use as a benchmark?

JT

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 01:53:26 pm »

My dream list:  1) pale ale/bitter 2) dark ale (strong mild, Burton) 3) porter/stout 4) pale lager 5) dark lager.  Enough for 5 desert islands.  Guess I need to find a Wayback machine.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Holy Wayback.  Those were the styles that raised a bunch of us.  Maybe they will bring the Concorde back in service, I'm thinking all of those are still on the shelves in England.

The Sierra Nevada Porter is still the best ever. 

I think there has to be a resurgence of those styles happening again someday.  The old becomes new again right?

JT

Offline Bilsch

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 10:19:48 pm »

I hear that, sometimes you just want a beer. 

The Melvin San Diego brewer, Bobby (aka the Other Bobby Digital) is way into brewing session beers.  He's going to enter a Helles at GABF this year. Hopefully with a punny name, like "H E Double Helles Sticks".

Do you have a helles you use as a benchmark?

JT

My favorites are Augustiner Edelstoff, Arcobrau Urfass and Ayinger hell.

• 1st Kit
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 09:28:38 am »
There are about 20 spots left for the Boil Rumble.  If your club wants to brew some great beer and send it to Morebeer! for judging, next week is the cut off. 

More info right here:

https://melvinbrewing.com/theboilrumble/

Looking forward to tasting the goods!