Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer insults  (Read 3590 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Beer insults
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »
While watching Red Dwarf: "The urine recycle is so overworked it's beginning to taste like Dutch lager." Kryton.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Beer insults
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:00:05 pm »
While watching Red Dwarf: "The urine recycle is so overworked it's beginning to taste like Dutch lager." Kryton.
Ha!  Haven't seen that show in ages.  When I lived across the pond in the 80s, the joke was "How do you turn beer into lager?  Drink 3 pints and wait half an hour."  Usually recited, with no sense of irony, by guys who would happily take a day ferry across the channel just to bring back a carload of duty free... lager.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:35:51 pm »
Why is drinking American beer like having sex in a canoe?  It’s f****** closing to water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TANSTAAFB

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:56:48 pm »
I LOVED that show! How do you keep a Baptist from drinking all your beer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:46:00 am »
I LOVED that show! How do you keep a Baptist from drinking all your beer?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Only drink with two or more. Around here the subject faith is LDS, and the joke involves fishing.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline joe_meadmaker

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:52:33 pm »
I was at a Brewfest a while back and saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "What's wrong pilsner boy, afraid of the dark!?".  There wasn't a nice big picture of a stout to go along with it, but it was still hilarious.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 02:24:04 pm »
I was at a Brewfest a while back and saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "What's wrong pilsner boy, afraid of the dark!?".  There wasn't a nice big picture of a stout to go along with it, but it was still hilarious.

And whagt's wrong with pilsner?
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:38:29 pm »
Not an insult, but the recycler joke made me think of one I usually quip standing at the urinal..

"We don't own beer.. we just borrow it for a while"
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:04:50 pm »

And whagt's wrong with pilsner?
Nothing, with a well made one.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Richard

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 05:37:45 pm »
Not an insult, but the recycler joke made me think of one I usually quip standing at the urinal..

"We don't own beer.. we just borrow it for a while"

I used to say that I liked lemon-lime Gatorade because it was the same color going in and coming out.
Original Gravity - that would be Newton's

Offline scrap iron

• Assistant Brewer
  • K.C.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 06:52:23 am »
More of a limerick but thought it was funny.
There once was a bar maid from Yale Upon her chest tattooed were the prices of ale And for the sake of the blind Upon her behind was the same thing in brail

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/dirtyjokes/beerjokes.html
Mike F.                                                                              “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”

Abraham Lincoln

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 01:53:21 pm »
We are between two breweries and we have two kegs as urinals in men's bathroom. Once I took our neighbors keg caps and put them on the tops of both the urinals with arrows facing left and right towards each brewery. I thought it was a riot. Someone removed them.

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 02:58:24 pm »
We are between two breweries and we have two kegs as urinals in men's bathroom. Once I took our neighbors keg caps and put them on the tops of both the urinals with arrows facing left and right towards each brewery. I thought it was a riot. Someone removed them.
Which strongly suggests that the crews from the other breweries come to drink at Yellowhammer.  Keep up the good  work.   ;)

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 03:12:14 pm »
Which strongly suggests that the crews from the other breweries come to drink at Yellowhammer.  Keep up the good  work.   ;)

Haha! Thanks!

Offline BrewBama

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 04:16:25 pm »

I’ve seen them there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk