Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Life is gonna change....  (Read 1769 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Life is gonna change....
« on: January 21, 2019, 12:16:36 pm »
Just received a Grainfather conical fermenter and glycol unit.  This is gonna be interesting.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Life is gonna change....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:33:48 pm »
Denny, is this just a really cool (pun intended?) toy in and of itself, or do you think it will be somehow be a significant advancement in your "no lift" brewery makeover?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Rob Stein
Akron, Ohio

I'd rather have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:40:48 pm »
Denny, is this just a really cool (pun intended?) toy in and of itself, or do you think it will be somehow be a significant advancement in your "no lift" brewery makeover?

Time will tell.  I brewed yesterday and it was totally no lift with my current setup.  Pump strike water from kettle to mash tun, gravity feed mash to kettle, pump from kettle to 10 gal. corny already in chest freezer.  This was more of an opportunity....Drew and I were asked to beta test.  What could I say?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:07:51 pm »
This was more of an opportunity....Drew and I were asked to beta test.  What could I say?

That's awesome, and I look forward to hearing your impressions.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

The Beerery

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 03:11:06 pm »

Time will tell.  I brewed yesterday and it was totally no lift with my current setup.  Pump strike water from kettle to mash tun, gravity feed mash to kettle, pump from kettle to 10 gal. corny already in chest freezer.  This was more of an opportunity....Drew and I were asked to beta test.  What could I say?

You could have said what you say to me, how you don't believe in automation, and a cooler is just fine.  ;)

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 03:14:51 pm »

You could have said what you say to me, how you don't believe in automation, and a cooler is just fine.  ;)

Well, that's not really my attitude.  A cooler is just fine, but so are other methods.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 06:11:20 pm »
Times they are a changin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:14 am »

I am looking forward to what you learn from this! I'd also like to hear more about your current no-lift setup and how the two compare. Staying tuned in...
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 09:08:55 am »

I am looking forward to what you learn from this! I'd also like to hear more about your current no-lift setup and how the two compare. Staying tuned in...

The only thing that will change is that I'll ferment I n the conical rather than a 10 gal. corny in a chest freezer.   I have a pressure xfer kit for the conical, so I can still use CO2 to xfer finished beer into a corny for serving.

www.dennybrew.com