Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dallas Marketplace  (Read 1486 times)

Offline spurviance

• Assistant Brewer
Dallas Marketplace
« on: January 12, 2019, 12:29:39 pm »
Going to be in Dallas for a couple nights soon, staying near the Dallas Marketplace.  I see several breweries within a couple miles of our hotel, anybody tried any?
On tap,  Vienna Lager, Doppelbock, Dortmunder Export, Pale Ale, Porter, Saison

Fermenting, Saison

Offline Monty Helmcamp

• 1st Kit
Re: Dallas Marketplace
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:08:19 pm »
My main stomping grounds are in Fort Worth but you can't really go wrong with any of the following in Dallas. There's a couple of new ones I haven't been to yet and few just a short drive out of town.

Community Beer Company
Deep Ellum Brewing Company
Lakewood Brewing Company
Rabbit Hole Brewing

If you want to drive to FW check out Rahr & Sons Brewing.

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:06 pm »

If you want to drive to FW check out Rahr & Sons Brewing.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 09:35:30 am »
In the Dallas Marketplace area Peticolas is the best brewery of the lot. I'm not too well versed with the breweries in that area that opened in the past year (e.g. Pegasus, Steam Theory, Manhattan) but I haven't been a great fan of what I've tried from them. A lot of people like Community, which is also nearby, but not a big fan personally.

In that area is Meddlesome Moth which is definitely on the short list for best beer bars in Dallas.

If you aren't familiar with Dallas or this part of Dallas it's worth knowing this is not a particularly walkable area so anywhere you go you'll need a car or the rideshare app of your choice.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline travistmccall

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:35 am »
Where are you coming from? What is your favorite style? Celestial Beerworks is a must, really good IPA's and an good imperial coffee stout! They don't sell food but you can bring in or order something local, Maple & Motor (burgers) is right around the corner. Check out Celestial Beerworks on Untappd and you will be sold. Cheers and welcome to Dallas!

Offline spurviance

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 01:00:06 pm »
I live near Sacramento and as of the last couple years have been brewing a lot of Belgian and German styles.  I did the whole IPA thing back when I started brewing 4 years ago but have really enjoyed brewing styles you don't normally find on tap locally, unless you're fortunate to have a local brewery that makes them. 
I love the look of Peticolas' tap list on their website, I'll be sure to start there.  I'm only in town for 3 nights, during some training for work, but plan to hit a different place each night close to my hotel there. 
The other 2 breweries nearby I noticed were Noble Rey and Pegasus City. 
On tap,  Vienna Lager, Doppelbock, Dortmunder Export, Pale Ale, Porter, Saison

Fermenting, Saison

Offline Fiddledeedee

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 03:28:41 am »
In Denton, there's Midway Mart and The Bearded Monk. Former is a convenience store with a surprisingly big selection and the latter is a beer bar/store that has growlers. Both are really good and not that far off 35.
You can find me blogging @ Toodrie | CleverMicro