Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Your Homebrew Name  (Read 26464 times)

Offline halenrush

• Cellarman
  • Humboldt County, CA
Re: Your Homebrew Name
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2010, 12:53:07 pm »
New Dublin Brewery is named such as the house recipes are normal session styles "Irished" up a bit in one way or another. 

Offline Me

• Cellarman
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2010, 03:13:45 pm »
Shasty Brewing. No idea why.
Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-
BF

Offline Hop Bomber Brewing

• 1st Kit
  • Seven Days Without a Homebrew Makes One Weak
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2010, 08:17:43 pm »
Hop Bomber Brewing & Supply Co.
I am in the very early stages of starting a hombrew supply business.
I have worked on many different aircraft during my career, and although it was before my time, I have to say the style and history of the B-17 Flying Fortress or the B-24 Liberator can never be surpassed. Now lets get "bombed"

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:00 am »
I call my brewery "die Brauerei an Gressmont"  It translates to "the Brewery at Gressmont."  We live on a small city lot (maybe 1/8-acre) which we affectionately call "Gressmont" as a tongue-in-cheek homage to the names of grand estates where the owner uses their name followed by "mont."  The name is in German to reflect my ancestry (Donauschwaben), and because I especially like brewing German styles. 

My beers have German names, make family or location references, or are a combination of the two.  Often, the names have a double entendre, or an "inside" reference that only family members or close friends will get.  For example, one of my beers is "Adlerkralle Altbier"  (Eagle Claw Altbier) which refers to the beer being brewed by my son and me (we're both Eagle Scouts), and to the German Coat of Arms which has included an eagle for centuries.
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!