Author Topic: Your Homebrew Name  (Read 13003 times)

Offline wfaris

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Lagers
Re: Your Homebrew Name
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:52 PM »
Back in 2002 I decided I wanted a name for my brewery that reflected my Nebraska roots.  Go Big Red and Cornhusker is so overused around here that I wanted to avoid any variation at all costs.  Back from 1890 to 1900 the Nebraska football team was known as the Bugeaters.  All the really hard core Nebraska football fans know that but few others do.  Thus the Bugeater Brewing Company was formed. 

For more Bugeater info check out: http://www.bugeaters.com/?CFID=1279710&CFTOKEN=50940400

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Nebraska Brews Since 2002

boulderbrewer

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »
Back in 2002 I decided I wanted a name for my brewery that reflected my Nebraska roots.  Go Big Red and Cornhusker is so overused around here that I wanted to avoid any variation at all costs.  Back from 1890 to 1900 the Nebraska football team was known as the Bugeaters.  All the really hard core Nebraska football fans know that but few others do.  Thus the Bugeater Brewing Company was formed. 

For more Bugeater info check out: http://www.bugeaters.com/?CFID=1279710&CFTOKEN=50940400

Wayne

I like that seeing you will be a Big Tenner next year! betting on FB with beer that isway to cool!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »
Oh
Stoney Creek Brewing

Because I live about 2/3rd of a mile away
I thought this name sounded familiar babalu . . . a guy I know is opening a brewery by that name here in WA, he's hoping to open the doors by mid-2012.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline bonjour

• Administrator
  • Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 06:12:03 AM »

Wayne
Love that story

Fred
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline marty

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »
This Old Porch Brewing

- greatest song ever written (Robert Earl Keen version of course)

- ever notice how many of the best beer memories happen on an old porch with old friends and those that will become old friends?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:46:00 PM by marty »

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 05:58:28 PM »
Black Flag - I'm originally from Baltimore, and I like the pirate theme Clipper City has going, but I think theirs is a little too campy. So I went with a less tongue-in-cheek interpretation, with old-timey labels and such.

Eventually I'd like to convert the logo into a hanging wood sign.

And yes, I like Rollins and my beer tastes like roach spray.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »
Having been born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, I totally get the "BugEaters."
I still bleed Husker Red even though I live in Florida.  
Can't wait until Nebraska joins the Big 10 (will it keep the name even though it has more than 10?)
Bugeaters--nice homebrew name.

Offline MayorWest

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »
I spent over a year trying to come up with a name. I had dozens that just didn't work...I finally gave up and called it Cleverly Named Brewing Co.

Off-centered person...seeking off-centered ales.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »
Can't wait until Nebraska joins the Big 10 (will it keep the name even though it has more than 10?)

actually have had eleven teams since penn state joined.  the official logo has an 11 drawn in to the 10.
Don AHA member

Offline bigcheese

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2010, 06:50:34 PM »
New at this but have a few brews complete and in the fridge. I call mine Big Cheese Brewing. Its a name I've used for IDs and fantasy football teams for years. Now I just need someone with talent to help with a logo.

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • View Profile
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2010, 05:31:09 AM »
I spent over a year trying to come up with a name. I had dozens that just didn't work...I finally gave up and called it Cleverly Named Brewing Co.

I've tried in vain for years to come up with a good name too.  Still coming up dry.   :-[
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
We are SwashBuckling Drunk Brewery because we're drunken pirates.............argh

Offline hambone

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »
The name of mine is Louisiana Tung Brewery. "Get Licked By The Tung!" When I bought my house I hung an old stolen street sign on top of my outside cooking shed. That shed became my brewery and that sign is Louisiana Tung Rd.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Estilo Casero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »
Here in Central TX all the good geographic and cultural names like Rio Blanco and Alamo are taken so I went with Brewery Hueso Quebrado ...

I can't bring myself to put "fábrica de cervecería" after it. LOL

Simply means Broken Bone...

Was thinking of something along these lines for the label:

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
Was thinking of something along these lines for the label:
Ouch!  Yours?
Tom Schmidlin